Champion of Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champion of Champions

Anyone seen the schedule for this? Sandwiched between 2 tournaments in China, surely travelling all the way out there, then back to the UK, then straight back out is going to affect the performance of the players. Idiotic scheduling that does no-one any favours.

Anyone know which players are set to play in all 3? I'm too lazy to look myself

Group 1 - 6/11/17
    Ding Junhui v Anthony Hamilton
    Barry Hawkins v Ryan Day

Group 2 - 7/11/17
    Marco Fu v Michael White
    Shaun Murphy v Mark King

Group 3 - 8/11/17
    Mark Selby v Liang Wenbo
    Judd Trump v Luca Brecel

Group 4 - 9/11/17
    Ronnie O'Sullivan v Neil Robertson
    John Higgins v Anthony McGill

I can never understand why they go with this "Group" and "Group Final" idea. Groups to me suggest a round robin format. These are just last 16 and last 8 (quarter final) matches.
    Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

Originally Posted by richiet View Post

I can never understand why they go with this "Group" and "Group Final" idea. Groups to me suggest a round robin format. These are just last 16 and last 8 (quarter final) matches.
      I can't understand this either. Just pointless.

Comment

Great format for a bit of a novelty. ****e standard tonight though. Very slow going from Hamilton

Comment

What new cue has Day using ?
          Current playing cue Trevor White
          3/4 ash cue

Comment

Ryan Day was very animated around the table ,forever picking things off the table as well . Never seen him like that before . Another great win for my favourite player , and love his interviews . So refreshing . Off to buy himself a new car with the winnings to replace his old jolopy
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
              Ryan Day was very animated around the table ,forever picking things off the table as well . Never seen him like that before . Another great win for my favourite player , and love his interviews . So refreshing . Off to buy himself a new car with the winnings to replace his old jolopy
              Yep, I think I enjoyed the interview more than the match.

Comment

Ryan Day and Anthony Hamilton's match was awful, other than the 133 by Hamilton it was like watching 2 amateurs playing .so many misses and miss controlled cue balls.

i switched off after it went 3-3. no wonder these 2 have only won 2 ranking tournaments between them. playing like that if they came up against O'sulivan, Higgins , trump or Selby they would have lost 6-1 or 6-0.

i see Hamilton got through this morning. he will have to up his game to get any further in this tournament

Comment

Hahaha,, your being kind saying they looked like amateurs. I think thats the lowest standard I have ever seen 2 pros play. Made me laugh when they were picking out the highlights after, jeeps . Glad Hami has got some more coin though.
                  JP Majestic
                  3/4
                  57"
                  17oz
                  9.5mm Elk

Comment

Anything to do with the fact that Hamilton said that the black cushion was playing a little dead
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                      Anything to do with the fact that Hamilton said that the black cushion was playing a little dead
                      No way, Neil. Ryan and Anthony just had a crap day at the office..
                      JP Majestic
                      3/4
                      57"
                      17oz
                      9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                        Hahaha,, your being kind saying they looked like amateurs. I think thats the lowest standard I have ever seen 2 pros play. Made me laugh when they were picking out the highlights after, jeeps . Glad Hami has got some more coin though.
                        I enjoy watching them struggle sometimes, it's better than watching the machines dish every visit in my opinion! Adds to the drama.
                        Must say Day's final shot of the match on the blue was one of the worst i've ever seen in professional snooker.
                        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Champion of Champions

will itv4 have to change the chalk in their intro pieces when returning from ad breaks??

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                            I enjoy watching them struggle sometimes, it's better than watching the machines dish every visit in my opinion! Adds to the drama.
                            Must say Day's final shot of the match on the blue was one of the worst i've ever seen in professional snooker.
                            They kept on about Ryan's stick. I take it he has a new cue..?...
                            JP Majestic
                            3/4
                            57"
                            17oz
                            9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                              They kept on about Ryan's stick. I take it he has a new cue..?...
                              Yes new cue but didnt hear what maker it was off
                              Current playing cue Trevor White
                              3/4 ash cue

Comment

Working...
                              X