No announcement yet.

2017 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that's a crapper! Really liked JV's commentary. Snookers never going to be the same again for me
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Trump looks a beaten man, he doesn't show the fight his ability deserves. He's near the top, but I'll be surprised if he ever gets to the top. Brecel in my opinion has more in the tank.

Comment

• Ryan Day's obsessive table brushing gets on me paps!
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
          Sometimes I watch Trump and question how on earth he hasn't won 5-6 triple crown events already. It seems like he crushes people more than just about anyone else. He's got a good draw this tournament. Only really ROS can stop him if they meet in the semi's I think.
          well....i did not see this coming lol.

Comment

• Great performance from Dott, you could see he was hitting the ball well in the third frame and also the determination on his face. The less said about Trump the better, but players like Dott in this form would always make him ponder his progression.

Comment

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
              Trump looks a beaten man, he doesn't show the fight his ability deserves. He's near the top, but I'll be surprised if he ever gets to the top. Brecel in my opinion has more in the tank.
              His body language isn't great and shows his emotions to his opponent way too much I agree. Trouble is, that is in built, its very difficult to change that part of yourself, without faking it. It shows he cares and wants to win, he reminds me a lot of Ding in that respect. They both have the game to dominate but mentally they lack the bottle and determination, sadly you cannot coach that.

Comment

• Would O'Sullivan, Hendry or Davis have given up in their middle 20's with 3 snookers required and a few reds left on the table? This exemplifies his lack of mental fortitude, he's a show pony.

Comment

• Interesting stats in the williams-day clash, day is up in all areas, level in a few but williams is 4-3 ahead. The timing of points, long shots and pot accuracy is more vital that anything.

Comment

Would O'Sullivan, Hendry or Davis have given up in their middle 20's with 3 snookers required and a few reds left on the table? This exemplifies his lack of mental fortitude, he's a show pony.
                    If it was final frame, no they wouldn't. However the pink went tight on side cushion, he'd not really scored much after the interval and Dott is too experienced to throw away match frame. Hendry and O'Sullivan would give up when they know their opponent is 5-2 ahead.

Show pony I think is a little disrespectful. He's got a lot more than just a potter and breakbuilder. He actually does possess a very good safety game, I think his problem is over confidence and perhaps a little lack of respecting his opponent. He thinks he is a lot better than the majority on the tour, but any on a given day can match his game. Attitude does need to change a little, he often loses matches to players who he expects to beat easily. If he gave the same respect to Ronnie, Selby or Robertson as everyone else, he would probably be a lot better off for it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                      If it was final frame, no they wouldn't. However the pink went tight on side cushion, he'd not really scored much after the interval and Dott is too experienced to throw away match frame. Hendry and O'Sullivan would give up when they know their opponent is 5-2 ahead.

Show pony I think is a little disrespectful. He's got a lot more than just a potter and breakbuilder. He actually does possess a very good safety game, I think his problem is over confidence and perhaps a little lack of respecting his opponent. He thinks he is a lot better than the majority on the tour, but any on a given day can match his game. Attitude does need to change a little, he often loses matches to players who he expects to beat easily. If he gave the same respect to Ronnie, Selby or Robertson as everyone else, he would probably be a lot better off for it.
                      I'd be surprised if any of those 3 or even Higgins, Robertson, Ding or many others would. Ronnie, Hendry and Davis because they had so much confidence in their own ability that by their mid 20's they knew they weren't just chasing trophies but records in the game. However the balls finished, he had given up before he could see the end result, he'd started packing his cue before Dott had finished his shot. I don't mean to sound disrespectful to him, just highlighting his mental flaws.

Comment

• No one can string two frames together in the Liang/Maguire match. 4-4.

Comment

Would O'Sullivan, Hendry or Davis have given up in their middle 20's with 3 snookers required and a few reds left on the table? This exemplifies his lack of mental fortitude, he's a show pony.
                          O'Sullivan has given up plenty of times lol. I'm not talking the Hendry match - he also forfeited frames against Dott and Perry whilst still firmly in the frame.

Comment

O'Sullivan has given up plenty of times lol. I'm not talking the Hendry match - he also forfeited frames against Dott and Perry whilst still firmly in the frame.
                            In his mid 20's?

Comment

In his mid 20's?
                              He was one year older than Trump is now when he picked the ball up and threw it against the other reds mid-frame (vs Dott). The Perry one was early 30's (08 UK). I'm sure there are others, these two are just ones that stick in the mind since they're on a lot of ROS 'tribute' videos.

Though I'm not really sure what point I'm trying to make here other than I think it's harsh to simply call Trump a snow pony.

Comment

He was one year older than Trump is now when he picked the ball up and threw it against the other reds mid-frame (vs Dott). The Perry one was early 30's (08 UK). I'm sure there are others, these two are just ones that stick in the mind since they're on a lot of ROS 'tribute' videos.

Though I'm not really sure what point I'm trying to make here other than I think it's harsh to simply call Trump a snow pony.
                                Maybe when his hair turns white.

Comment

Working...
                                X