• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jw147 View Post
    Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    Big fist pump at the end. Awesome.
    Love it! Go on jimmy! Great win!
    Great to see but carters temperament gifted it. Well played the wind! Lovely ton.
    βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

Jimmy's playing with new cue too. He kept having a bit chopped off at the tip and added back at the butt, so Parris made him a new un.

Nice to see Jimmy and well done.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
        Anyone know why Rhys Clark pulled out he tournament who Ronnie was originally scheduled to play and was replaced by Jackson Page.
        'medical reasons' http://www.worldsnooker.com/clark-re...-page-uk-draw/

Comment

Terrific matches tomorrow (today actually since it's 4am), bet365 still hasn't come up with the tv icon next to the ones we are going to be able to watch and they are usually fast at that. Think Selby and MJW are the afternoon choices. Hope Jimmy White's match is gonna be shown as well as Lisowski-Perry but I think Trump and Fu's matches are going to be the choices.

Comment

What's happened to Matthew Stevens? Seems he is in the wilderness.

Comment

Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
              What's happened to Matthew Stevens? Seems he is in the wilderness.
              did his old cue ever turn up?
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

The quiet day with no matches played, so BBC can set up their stall for their start tomorrow.
                anyway, what are people up to with no snooker on?

I am just rebuilding my work laptop.... joy of joys

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  The quiet day with no matches played, so BBC can set up their stall for their start tomorrow.
                  anyway, what are people up to with no snooker on?

I am just rebuilding my work laptop.... joy of joys
                  ah damn hadn't realised there were no matches on today indeed, that's why I couldn't find the streamed matches ahah. it's always like this the first friday right?
                  Last edited by motorhead; 1 December 2017, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
                    ah damn hadn't realised there were no matches on today indeed, that's why I couldn't find the streamed matches ahah. it's always like this the first friday right?
                    has been as long as I can remember (which is not that long :wink
                    BBC has never shown the first week (IIRC [as above])

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                      Great to see but carters temperament gifted it. Well played the wind! Lovely ton.
                      Carter has a terrible attitude i think. Yes, I know he has gone through a lot (and trust me, i know what that feels like as I've had it) but he is a miserable git and I'm glad he is out. I grabbed hold of life after cancer, he seems so pissed off all the time.
                      Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        has been as long as I can remember (which is not that long :wink
                        BBC has never shown the first week (IIRC [as above])
                        Wasn't it for TV that they butchered the format shortly after Hearn took over? "So TV can cover the whole tournament"?

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                          Wasn't it for TV that they butchered the format shortly after Hearn took over? "So TV can cover the whole tournament"?
                          yes - they do now after the first round.
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Selbyjustbegun View Post
                            Hasn’t Ding’s record at the qualifying stages been pretty bad (certainly compared to other top players), though?
                            He loses quite often in the early stages, that's true. But still a loss from 5-1 up against Fernandez is quite a shock.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                              He loses quite often in the early stages, that's true. But still a loss from 5-1 up against Fernandez is quite a shock.
                              I also wonder what it is that Ding nowadays just can't perform in the UK Championship. 2011 was the last time he was able to make the quarterfinals there. A shocking stat for a player of his calibre.

Comment

so i went to a live snooker event for the first time since world championships in 2010.
                                day 3 of uk was looking forward to an afternoon and evening, with neil robertson, jimmy white and ronnie who i've not managed to see before.
                                I am not going to bother again. the whole thing is pretty much ruined by the audience.
                                During afternoon people just endlessly talking while players taking shots, full conversations not whispered.
                                shouting out come on jimmy, not sure it really helps him but he played well.
                                the Ronnie match every time Ronnie takes a good shot people say "shot". Ronnie knows its a good shot, we know its a good shot i don't need someone to repeat it like some crap audience participation and affirmation.
                                people getting up every time a frame finishes, felt sorry for li wang as he got badly put off 3 times, however he was a joy to watch.
                                am going to save my money and watch it on tv in peace from now on.
                                this was just the first round must be ten times worse in the latter stages

Comment

Working...
                                X