No announcement yet.

2017 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I would have predicted the wrong winner in all of the four finished matches today.
    Another good result already for Lyu in the books regardless if he loses next round. Think he also can become a dangerous player.

Comment

• The higher ranked players went 0-4 this afternoon. So maybe upsets aren't always the fault of the best of 7 format. Maybe there's just so much depth in the game today, that there really isn't a huge difference between a player in the top 16 and a lower ranked player.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        Not heard JV in the commentary box yet. Is he unwell or is it usual for him to join a tournament late?
        He's watching match of the f'in day.....

Comment

• Looks like Liang will lose his top 16 spot and not be at the Masters. If Robertson wins his next match, there will be a showdown between Robertson and Day. Gould, Maguire, and King also still have a chance.

Comment

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
            Could be like the BBC and Bill Oddie, he was far too opinionated for their old conservative mindset that must pervade on their boards. Not enough of a yes man.
            conservative mindset, the bbc? LMAO. A black lesbian in a wheelchair is your minimum requirement for a job these days.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              conservative mindset, the bbc? LMAO. A black lesbian in a wheelchair is your minimum requirement for a job these days.
              So long as she hasn't got a voice that goes against any political sect, I'd say it is conservative. The opinions to the contrary are exactly what conservatives manifest themselves, a qaurreling underclass leaves them shamelessly in the clear.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                Everybody thinks the BBC is biased against their political beliefs, it's a testament to their impartiality.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                  Everybody thinks the BBC is biased against their political beliefs, it's a testament to their impartiality.
                  Absolutely, with the exception of anti Russian based news, in which case they are extremely biased. (You can also argue for British historical agendas that are always rosey, as much as is feasible)

Comment

• Joyce has a really solid all round game, going to be a tough match to call with Robertson who isn't near his best.

Comment

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
                      Absolutely, with the exception of anti Russian based news, in which case they are extremely biased. (You can also argue for British historical agendas that are always rosey, as much as is feasible)
                      It's amazing how many people see RT, Russian state media, as "the truth" I'm sure plenty of Russians look to the beeb for the same thing. My opinion is that there are always three sides to a story.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                        It's amazing how many people see RT, Russian state media, as "the truth" I'm sure plenty of Russians look to the beeb for the same thing. My opinion is that there are always three sides to a story.
                        I never mentioned RT, which incidently seem to incite hate as much as the Murdoch group of media. But there are more sides than a clearly Anglophone BBC and it's publications.

Comment

• I noticed Shaun Murphy chalking his cue with a circular block of chalk which I hadn't seen before and have been reading that it's a prices new type of chalk that many players agree reduces kicks and chalk marks on the table but I've noticed other players still using the standard Triangle cube shaped chalk. Is the new fangled stuff really as good as the advertising says?
                          www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                            I noticed Shaun Murphy chalking his cue with a circular block of chalk which I hadn't seen before and have been reading that it's a prices new type of chalk that many players agree reduces kicks and chalk marks on the table but I've noticed other players still using the standard Triangle cube shaped chalk. Is the new fangled stuff really as good as the advertising says?
                            There is a whole thread for the Taom chalk
                            Many seem to like it.
                            On phone app so can't link to the thread, it is on the Lounge sub-forum.
                            Last edited by DeanH; 4 December 2017, 09:39 PM.
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              There is a whole thread for the Taom chalk
                              Many seem to like it.
                              On phone app so can't link to the thread, it is on the Lounge sub-forum.
                              cheers will have a ganders there for the thread.
                              www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by richiet View Post
                                So Trump was 14-0 in frames in this tournament until Dott won the third. He had a big frame winning streak in the last tournament didn't he?
                                His winning streak was largely because Chris Wakelin decided to compete in "Who can lower the standard the most?" and managed even more cockups than Trump - the first few frames of their match could have gone either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X