WTF is this one-handed business haha
      cost him 6 penalty points and probably this frame

ah no! holy-moly!
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        cost him 6 penalty points and probably this frame

ah no! holy-moly!
        What a miss by Bingtao... very bizarre technique by Williams though.

Comment

• Anyone else getting double sound from the arena on Eurosport?

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
            What a miss by Bingtao... very bizarre technique by Williams though.
            Kind of thing only Williams and O'Sullivan could get away with, without everyone shouting 'Disrespectful!'
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
              Anyone else getting double sound from the arena on Eurosport?
              Watching on Quest. No double sound.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                Kind of thing only Williams and O'Sullivan could get away with, without everyone shouting 'Disrespectful!'
                Ha, true yes.
                I like Williams's underhand kind of shot though.

Comment

• Decider it is! Come on Mark!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ethanat View Post
                    Decider it is! Come on Mark!
                    What a match!!!

Comment

• No decider hand shake, or did I miss it cos of the ads?

Comment

• I missed it. Last I saw was 6-3. I am shocked!

Comment

• Well done Mark Williams, brilliant performance. Just kept on pegging away and got a result. Great match play. Jan will learn from that loss hopefully, he didn't do much wrong and potted many fantastic long shots. A great match and final. I think Williams deserves a few golden career moments, good bloke and a class player.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Well played MJW, really enjoyable match and a great win all in all. This young lad is knocking isn't he....

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• That was quite a tense and exciting final towards the end, unlike most finals we've seen this season. :smile:

The quality wasn't all that great, but I never expected anything different. It's a shame for Yan Bingtao to lose after being so close to winning, but it's a good sign for him that he was able to take control of the match early on and keep it for most of the final, even though he wasn't playing right at the top of his game. His shot selection was very mature throughout the match, and he made a good effort of getting those snookers in the final frame. If you think back to the way the likes of Trump and Brecel played at 17, I think Yan is way ahead of expectations in terms of having a complete all-round game. He couldn't win it tonight, but he still has quite a bit of time to beat O'Sullivan's record, and even if he doesn't make it it's not really a big deal. :smile:

Nice to see Williams winning something again after all this time. The last few two-session finals he lost included some really cruel defeats in deciders, so I was worried that tonight would be another really tough one to take for him. He played a good session though, never giving up even when he went quite a few frames behind. Hopefully he doesn't go back to mediocrity after tonight, because he really is too good a player not to challenge for major titles. :smile:

Anyway, onto the UK Championship... :smile:

Comment

• Really exciting final, thought it was quality too as Odrl said Bingtao's shot selection is very mature. Willo was amazing in the last frame, did think he would win after he had lost the 15th frame with that great red near the central cushion potted. Over the moon for him and best wishes for a prompt recovery for his wife.

Comment

Working...
                                X