Dafabet Northern Ireland Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Sorry, I'm not seeing your point. I was asking how wishing Williams wins today (on the strength of his wife's illness) is going to help their situation.

Like @johnny66 says it can't hurt, but I'm still not seeing your point.
    ah sorry. Read your post too quick

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dr_Doctor View Post
      ah sorry. Read your post too quick
      No worries.

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      Frame 1 Williams 6 v 46 Yan
      clearly no miss called, not sure why not?
      Cos this referee is a numpty? He has an air of arrogance I really don't like; "I'll take as long as I need to re-spot this ball. I won't be rushed and you will wait for me."
      Last edited by Billy; 26 November 2017, 02:29 PM.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I really like the Irish guy doing the presenting on ES/Quest. He has a real rapport with the pundits and players, and what appears to be a genuine love and enthusiasm for the game.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• That Star is too accommodating for poor balls coming towards its corner pockets. The rubber is not effing off certain pots. Very slippery..
          JP Majestic
          3/4
          57"
          17oz
          9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
            That Star is too accommodating for poor balls coming towards its corner pockets. The rubber is not effing off certain pots. Very slippery..
            I think it must be partially down to the brand new cloth, what do you recon? Only played on star one but when they change cloth on our club ones they swallow a lot for couple of days.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              Frame 1 Williams 6 v 46 Yan
              clearly no miss called, not sure why not?
              Could it be that no advantage was to be gained?

Comment

• I think they're really over-doing this 'youngest player ever to win a ranking title' thing.

If it was the WC I could probably get on board with the hype, but the Irish Masters?
                Last edited by Billy; 26 November 2017, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Why do the commentators keep calling him Bingtao when they never refer to Ding as Junhui? It's Ding and Yan. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Comment

• Maybe the merest trace of a 17 year old's petulance on a couple of shots there? The one on the two reds he failed to split for the possible clearance - I think only he knows what he was trying - and the over-casual escape from the snooker which suggests he gave up on the frame only needing one snooker himself.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                      Why do the commentators keep calling him Bingtao when they never refer to Ding as Junhui? It's Ding and Yan. Why is that so difficult to understand?
                      It is not always that way - I had a mate explain it to me once I was even more confused afterwards.
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• What tip is Mark Williams using ? Kamui ?
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                          It is not always that way.
                          Yes it is. Ding, Liang, Yan, Zhou, Xiao, Li, Yu, etc. are their surnames. The only difference is that in China the surname is written first. It's also done that way in Hungary and in parts of Asia.

So you would say O'Sullivan is playing Ding. In this match they keep saying Bingtao as if it was the equivalent of Ding or another surname. It's the same with Liang Wenbo. They keep calling him Wenbo, while they never refer to Ding as Junhui.

If they want to refer to them by their given names, like Ronnie, go ahead but be consistent. Either Mark and Bingtao or Williams and Yan.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                            Why do the commentators keep calling him Bingtao when they never refer to Ding as Junhui? It's Ding and Yan. Why is that so difficult to understand?
                            Ding & Yan are family names
                            Junhui and Bingtao are given names

Chinese names are reverse of western names;
                            (Chinese) Smith John as (western) John Smith

It gets me that they always call Ding Junhui by his family name - Ding; be like today "Williams" instead of "Mark" :biggrin:
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                              What tip is Mark Williams using ? Kamui ?
                              Probably one of these.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ADR147-BL...wAAOSwScdZ28f5

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                                What tip is Mark Williams using ? Kamui ?
                                I believe it is a Kamui
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X