No announcement yet.

Dafabet Northern Ireland Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was neutral in this one, but recent events have put me firmly on the side of Williams.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
      I was neutral in this one, but recent events have put me firmly on the side of Williams.
      Same for me.

Also it would be great to see Williams, since many years one of my favorite players, finally lift another title. I'm sure Yan will win enough himself in the future.

Comment

• Yan Bingtao just miscued and chipped the ball clean over the yellow, ref calls foul but no miss? He didn't hit the ball on.

Comment

Yan Bingtao just miscued and chipped the ball clean over the yellow, ref calls foul but no miss? He didn't hit the ball on.
          I wondered about this as well. Maybe Dean or LondonLad could enlighten us.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
            I wondered about this as well. Maybe Dean or LondonLad could enlighten us.
            were snookers required or would be required with penalty points applied?
            did not see it happen, which frame/stage did this happen?
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I was neutral in this one, but recent events have put me firmly on the side of Williams.
              Commendable, I suppose, but the cynic in me asks how Williams winning today is going to aid his wife's illness?
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• First frame I think, no snookers required.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                  Commendable, I suppose, but the cynic in me asks how Williams winning today is going to aid his wife's illness?
                  Well it's not going to hurt, is it?

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    were snookers required or would be required with penalty points applied?
                    did not see it happen, which frame/stage did this happen?
                    No.
                    Not sure if it was the 1st frame or already the second, right now.

Comment

• How come JJ hasn't been commentating for the last few days?
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                        No.
                        Not sure if it was the 1st frame or already the second, right now.
                        It was after around 11 minutes in the first frame.

Comment

Yan Bingtao just miscued and chipped the ball clean over the yellow, ref calls foul but no miss? He didn't hit the ball on.
                          I don't think I've ever heard a miss be called for a miscue.

Although in a recent match someone feathered the cueball when getting ready to break, and a miss was called. I remember because O'Sullivan jokingly insisted the cueball be replaced (about 6mm back from where it was).
                          Last edited by Billy; 26 November 2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                            This is Bingtao's first final who could possibly break a record today. Williams has to give him a game at least

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dr_Doctor View Post
                              This is Bingtao's first final who could possibly break a record today. Williams has to give him a game at least
                              Sorry, I'm not seeing your point. I was asking how wishing Williams wins today (on the strength of his wife's illness) is going to help their situation.

Like @johnny66 says it can't hurt, but I'm still not seeing your point.
                              Last edited by Billy; 26 November 2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

First frame I think, no snookers required.
                                Frame 1 Williams 6 v 46 Yan
                                clearly no miss called, not sure why not?
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X