2017 Scottish Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    I have a question for those of you who use snooker.org.

When I load the main page or results or live scores I don't have any problems. However, when I have a list of results and I click on a player's name I almost always get a long lag before the page loads. Is it just me, or do other people have the same issue?
    Same here, seems a very laggy site at times.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
      Same here, seems a very laggy site at times.
      This has been happening for a long time. I wonder if anybody has emailed Hermund and asked him about it.

Comment

After watching O'Sullivan and Murphy yesterday, some of today's play makes it seem like they're playing a completely different sport with pockets half as big. I'm not sure what's wrong with Barry Hawkins, but he's a shadow of the player he was when he made the world final.

Comment

After watching O'Sullivan and Murphy yesterday, some of today's play makes it seem like they're playing a completely different sport with pockets half as big. I'm not sure what's wrong with Barry Hawkins, but he's a shadow of the player he was when he made the world final.
          Yep, Barry's game has properly deserted him. Kyren Wilson must be over the moon to have drawn him in the Masters, but I suppose he could find a bit of form from somewhere, maybe the Christmas break will do him good.

Comment

Cao Yupeng just made a maximum break as he beat Andrew Higginson 4-0.

Comment

When Christopher Keogan beats you 4-0 it's seriously time to retire. And what the hell is Tian doing losing to Kurt Dunham. Terrible.
              It's the other way around with me,I'm surprised Koegan's hardly seemed to have won a match since he got his two year card at the start of the 2016/17 season,its not like there's some huge gulf in ability.
              Maybe the more experienced players turn the screw with defensive safety away from the camera tables and he's only finding his feet now,I don't know.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                It's the other way around with me,I'm surprised Koegan's hardly seemed to have won a match since he got his two year card at the start of the 2016/17 season,its not like there's some huge gulf in ability.
                Maybe the more experienced players turn the screw with defensive safety away from the camera tables and he's only finding his feet now,I don't know.
                I've watched him play a couple of times and I just don't think he's a very good player. With some of the other lower ranked players you at least see glimpses of great play. I didn't see any of that watching him. Maybe he was just having bad days and I'm judging him too harshly.

Comment

Looks like Ursenbacher and Kleckers have hit the wall. Very bad recent results. It's too bad, as I was hoping that they'd make more progress this year.

Comment

I've watched him play a couple of times and I just don't think he's a very good player. With some of the other lower ranked players you at least see glimpses of great play. I didn't see any of that watching him. Maybe he was just having bad days and I'm judging him too harshly.
                    Fair does,I was surprised he's had a slow start because he's had a ton of experience,I think he played in 36 (thirty - six) PTC's/Euro Tour events before he got his card,maybe you're right and its just the money and effort carrying him along but just on the experience and keenness aspect I thought he would maybe have had a few more wins by now.

Comment

2017 Scottish Open

it amazes me how some of these guys are professionals. watched a little of Alex Borg last night, dear God. Maybe some of them have paper rounds to pay the bills.

Comment

Ricky Walden having a go at commentary for ES
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          Ricky Walden having a go at commentary for ES
                          So far he's better than Graeme Dott was a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if these are one offs or auditions for future employment.

I actually missed not hearing Virgo on the BBC. Thorne, not so much. McManus fit in quite nicely.

Comment

Walden just said something that made me think.."I didn't know that" "Interesting" Joe Johnson can go weeks without doing that.

Comment

Why does Georgiou have an English flag by his name? I thought he represented Cyprus, has he switched to England or is it some kind of cock-up?

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                                Why does Georgiou have an English flag by his name? I thought he represented Cyprus, has he switched to England or is it some kind of cock-up?
                                On snooker.org he has a Cypriot flag beside his name, so it appears to be a screw up on the part of Eurosport.

Comment

Working...
                                X