2017 Scottish Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    You Brits need to stop using the word "scalp" when talking about the defeating of a higher ranked opponent. It's a racist and offensive term which stopped being used in N. America many years ago.
    Good scalp for jimmy today, considering how well sunny did in the uk, too windy for sunny today though
    Blown away

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
      Cao Yupengs 147. Nice break with a few tricky reds and some good recovery shots at the last black.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD9QXpEYtCI
      Thanks for the link, very nice 147, his draw back is very good, helped him on more than one occasion.
      I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by jw147 View Post
        Good scalp for jimmy today, considering how well sunny did in the uk, too windy for sunny today though
        Cant wait to watch that one, its next on my list of matches to watch. Perry and Carrington is going to be a cracker...not one i would bet on either way...
        I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Murphy got scalped...

Comment

You Brits need to stop using the word "scalp" when talking about the defeating of a higher ranked opponent. It's a racist and offensive term which stopped being used in N. America many years ago.
            Hmmm, that raises difficulties .... er, may we use "thrash", "belt" or "annihilate" then?

Problem is though that these three words don't have quite the same meaning as "scalp", although "thrash" has that ring about it ..... For example, Murphy was scalped but not thrashed. (And "beaten" is just too neutral.) In the interest of political (or other) correctness, any more suggestions anyone?
            Last edited by crocodile; 13 December 2017, 08:41 AM.

Comment

you guys across the pond need to stop referring to "check and running" side as "left and right English", pronounce snooker properly and in the words of Micky Flanagan "learn how to take the **** properly"

Comment

I wish Joe Johnson would shut up now and then.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                  I wish Joe Johnson would shut up now and then.
                  This should be a huge incentive for underdogs to win the world's! Win once and get paid well for talking ballox everafter....
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

If you promise to stop saying 'fanny pack'...

Comment

Originally Posted by ManiaMuse View Post
                      'Fanny Pack' ...reminds me of a set of 70's playing cards I had as a young lad!

Rug-tastic!!
                      Highest break - 145
                      Playing cue - an old antique Burroughs & Watts 'London Soho Square' 1 piece maple - 58" / 16.5oz / with a 10mm tip

"Fantabulous!"...

Comment

Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
                        you guys across the pond need to stop referring to "check and running" side as "left and right English", pronounce snooker properly and in the words of Micky Flanagan "learn how to take the **** properly"
                        You guys need to stop referring to a "bank shot" as a "double" and a "combination" as a "plant". A plant is something that grows out of the ground.

Comment

I'm with you on that one.

Comment

Can we include Douche bag? No man wants to know what this is......lol
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by 147Levitt View Post
                              'Fanny Pack' ...reminds me of a set of 70's playing cards I had as a young lad!

Rug-tastic!!
                              Hope you don't play at Gorleston! But if you do lets play snap! 😉
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

anybody know what happened with sharav v holt yesterday. Eden sharav kicking off on twitter about holts cheating?

Comment

Working...
                                X