2018 German Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    Nice 64 by Dott to shorten Williams' lead to 1-2.

It's a shame that Eurosport Germany doesn't show the final of the biggest tournament in it's own country, especially when it is partially sponsored by Eurosport and I have to watch it on the Eurosport Player.
    Well, it's on the main Eurosport channel this evening as of 8pm local time - what's left of it that is ....
    Last edited by crocodile; 4 February 2018, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post

1:39:50 according to a comment on youtube.
      Thank you.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        I don't think it was about a push shot, the way the referee indicated the tip end of Selt's cue I think it could have been more about the shaft connecting with the cue ball - foul.
        Nice of Williams to hit the cue ball with the shaft afterwards
        Yes, I agree with you.

Comment

Well played to Mark Williams. :smile:

I would have preferred a closer and more eventful final, but as Dott said, Williams was too good today. 6-1 in the semi-finals and 9-1 in the final, you can't really argue with that. :smile: It's his second title of the season and his first major ranking title in seven years, and I for one am very happy to see him playing so well again. I wonder what my mother would say about his recent results, after her rather harsh comments about him a few months back... Might ask her tomorrow. :smile:

All in all, it was an enjoyable couple of days, as expected. I still think the tournament could be improved a little though. Having the main table so far away from the audience in the early rounds is not ideal, and the atmosphere suffers quite a bit because of that. Also, the field has been relatively weak in the last few editions of this tournament, so I think having the qualifiers at a more convenient time should be considered.

Unfortunately the next month and a half is filled with short-format stuff, so it's quite a long time until the next proper event, which appears to be the Players Championship in late March. Oh well...

Comment

Mark Williams mentioned changes he'd made to his game. Said they were big changes, and he said his current form is a result. I couldn't notice anything obviously different with his cue action. Any ideas what he's been working on?

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
              Mark Williams mentioned changes he'd made to his game. Said they were big changes, and he said his current form is a result. I couldn't notice anything obviously different with his cue action. Any ideas what he's been working on?
              Can't say i noticed anything different either.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                Probably this:
                Williams insists that he almost quit professional snooker last summer, unable to see the end to a barren streak without a ranking title which stretched back to 2011. More in hope than expectation, he turned to coach Stephen Feeney and his Sight Right method, which helps players to align themselves correctly. Working with Feeney and fellow pro Lee Walker, Williams has been a man reborn in recent months and is playing some of the best snooker of his career.

Comment

Second title for Williams this season, 20th title of his career. Really wouldn't have thought he would have such a good season. Maybe missing the World Championship last year has given him new motivation.

Comment

Anyone else find the eurosport commentary annoying? I dunno where they're doing it from but I generally listen with headphones on and i can constantly hear the director in the background saying camera numbers for the view to switch during shots.

Comment

• Originally Posted by kibo View Post
                      Probably this:
                      Also apparently changed to Century Tips from Kamui for this win.
                      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                        Anyone else find the eurosport commentary annoying? I dunno where they're doing it from but I generally listen with headphones on and i can constantly hear the director in the background saying camera numbers for the view to switch during shots.
                        Could you also hear what i thought was someone constantly typing on a keyboard ?
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                          New cue + worked with Steve Feeney on getting the cue on the line of aim through the sight right method, said he'd drifted slightly off line over the years and was unaware of it.
                          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                            Could you also hear what i thought was someone constantly typing on a keyboard ?
                            Yup, its like they're very close to the booth controlling the camera shots, or their mics are picking up audio from radio signals it shouldn't be

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                              New cue + worked with Steve Feeney on getting the cue on the line of aim through the sight right method, said he'd drifted slightly off line over the years and was unaware of it.
                              I think he said after his last win that he had started putting more hours into practising as well.
                              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• So happy MJW is winning again. ROS said he thinks he could win the WC and whilst I don't see that happening, it'd be amazing if it did. Maybe I'm too much into nostalgia but it just feels weird for me seeing Selby (and in future perhaps Robertson?) have more majors + overall titles than him.

Comment

Working...
                                X