X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s quite handsome money.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      not entirely sure but I think the Eurosport commentators mentioned yesterday that the highest break prize is some thing like £5,000 and the rolling max prize is £30,000 so £35,000 in total - but I may have mis-heard...
      Highest break prize = £7,000
      rolling max = £35,000
      so £42,000 in total
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Looks like Ronnie is crashing out in round one.

Comment

I'm always happy to see such miscues from the top players, knowing it doesn't only happen to me, but even to the best.

Comment

What a great win by Elliot Slessor. A really strong performance to beat a poor Ronnie O'Sullivan, whose potting was far below his usual standard, with 6-2. Obviously this opens up the lower half of the draw very much, especially since Shaun Murphy, maybe still feeling his back, loses even more heavily 0-6 against Chris Wakelin. Now Barry Hawkins and Anthony McGill, who leads Luo Honghao 4-2, are the favorites in the last quarter. Stuart Bingham and Neil Robertson are the remaining big names in quarter three.

As for Ronnie I think this early exit will serve him well regarding the World Championship. Expectations will not vanish, but maybe become an inch lower and it would be a heavy task to win the Players Championship, then have a good result at the China Open and then win the World Championship.

Comment

Oops what happened to the goat there

Comment

Originally Posted by Hey View Post
                Oops what happened to the goat there
                got fleeced

Comment

Great win for Slessor but sadly I have a feeling that he'll lose in the next round. It's so usual to the lower ranked players. On the other hand, good for Ronnie to get some rest before the WC if he decides to play there.

Comment

We've seen O'Sullivan go behind early on in matches quite a few times recently, but until today he's always come back very strongly, showing a lot of patience and discipline. Not today though, there were all kinds of ill-advised doubles and stuff like that. It seemed as if he just wanted the match resolved as quickly as possible, win or lose.

Good stuff from Slessor though. He missed a few towards the end, but he'd got himself close enough to victory with some solid snooker in the first part of the match, so it didn't cost him. The draw is now pretty open for him, so he has half a chance of reaching the business end of the tournament.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Guitarnolife View Post
                      Great win for Slessor but sadly I have a feeling that he'll lose in the next round. It's so usual to the lower ranked players. On the other hand, good for Ronnie to get some rest before the WC if he decides to play there.
                      yep, Slessor played well and has a 100% (2/2) win rate over ROS
                      not many can say that
                      I do agree that he may lose in the next round but hope that this win, again, spurs him on like in the NI Open but gets further than the Semi-Final he achieved then

Comment

• Ding wins 6-4 against Steadman, coming closer to secure the #3 spot before the World Championship. Only John Higgins or Mark Williams (who needs to win the China Open, while Ding must not win another match) could still overtake him.

Comment

• There are some really nice matches coming up in the second round:

Yan Bingtao - Mark Allen
                          John Higgins - Jack Lisowski
                          Gary Wilson - Joe Perry
                          Mark King - Kyren Wilson
                          Xiao Guodong - Ding Junhui
                          Richy Walden - Stuart Bingham
                          Barry Hawkins - Michael White

Comment

• Good effort from Steadman, but just couldn't hold his nerve at the very end. Underhitting that red when he had a chance to clear up for 5-3 was the key point, I think. Some of the lower-ranked players are putting in surprisingly good performances against the favourites in this tournament, but so far Ding has survived fairly well. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                              Good effort from Steadman, but just couldn't hold his nerve at the very end.
                              This was actually what I liked best about Slessor. He hold his nerves really well. There were some uncomfortable shots in the last two frames and I was always expecting him to miss, cause so many do against a great opponent. But he made most of them.

As I write this there's another upset on the horizon with Luo Honghao leading Anthony McGill 5-4. If I recall correctly he was already 2-4 down.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                                As for Ronnie I think this early exit will serve him well regarding the World Championship. Expectations will not vanish, but maybe become an inch lower and it would be a heavy task to win the Players Championship, then have a good result at the China Open and then win the World Championship.
                                You could well be right. On the other hand, loosing by such a margin to a player ranked 70 places below him in the first round of the last major tournament before the World Championship, may not be the best confidence builder. He will certainly be disappointed, that's for sure.

-
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X