China Open 2018 - £1 million prize money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    They're not even sticking to that misguided policy here though, because Higgins should have been the choice according to the rankings, plus he is playing a better-known opponent than Robertson is. I don't know... Obviously the time zone works out better for Australian viewers, but I assume there isn't actually any live coverage of the event there, so that shouldn't really be a consideration.

Anyway, it just so happens that Craigie is playing good stuff in this event so far, so it looks like it's still going to be quite an interesting match. :smile:
    Yeah, I don't know what they thought. Maybe that Robertson would attract more younger or female viewers. At least you can be pretty sure though that they'll show Ding's match in the afternoon.

Comment

• Bingham has also made a maximum break...

Comment

• Bingham made a maxi against Waldon.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hey View Post
          Bingham has also made a maximum break...
          Don't think Ronnie would be too happy sharing the 42K

Comment

• Originally Posted by cpserrao View Post
            Don't think Ronnie would be too happy sharing the 42K
            Haha... that's bad luck. Still, £21k for 10 minutes work isn't bad.

Comment

• Nice session of snooker. Yan tried his best from 4-1 down, but just made a few too many mistakes in the end. I enjoyed that little tactical battle in the final frame though. :smile:

I watched most of Ding's match as well, Xiao was potting some crazy balls in the first couple of frames, but Ding held on, then dominated the rest of the match with clinical scoring.

Looks like the last four days of this event will be pretty exciting. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                Very few mistakes from Selby in the balls this morning, a couple of nice steals from behind after Woollaston had broken down. Tough to see comeback from here...
                Yep, but not so sure that they were steals as much as gifts... He is still a long way from former seasons, imho.

Allen played well today, and why on earth was Jack Higgins not on a main table?

Comment

• With his win today Ding secured the #3 spot in the World Rankings going into the World Championship. This means he will be in the half of Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                    With his win today Ding secured the #3 spot in the World Rankings going into the World Championship. This means he will be in the half of Ronnie O'Sullivan.
                    Other weaker players have more chance to knock out Ronnie than Ding lol.Lets hope we wont have to watch Ronnie against Murphy or Ding in the last stages of the WC

Comment

• Originally Posted by kibo View Post
                      Other weaker players have more chance to knock out Ronnie than Ding lol.Lets hope we wont have to watch Ronnie against Murphy or Ding in the last stages of the WC
                      FYI, at the World Championships last year O'Sullivan was beaten in the quarters by DING 13-10...

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                        FYI, at the World Championships last year O'Sullivan was beaten in the quarters by DING 13-10...
                        What an epic match that was. I really thought Ding go soar from that win.

Comment

• *would soar

Comment

9-2 for Ronnie when it comes to the last three rounds of tournaments...

Comment

• Originally Posted by kibo View Post
                              9-2 for Ronnie when it comes to the last three rounds of tournaments...
                              Excuse me! You were talking about the WC and how Ding wouldn't have a chance beating O'Sullivan. Please be consistent in your opinions.

Comment

Excuse me! You were talking about the WC and how Ding wouldn't have a chance beating O'Sullivan. Please be consistent in your opinions.
                                I didnt say he wouldnt have a chance but that his chances are pathetic either way

Comment

Working...
                                X