• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol �� He is the greatest.

Comment

• Number 32.

Comment

• Disappointing evening, but then again, I wasn't really expecting anything great...

After the early scrap when the score was 2-2, it was clear that either player could pull away if they just started playing a bit, and O'Sullivan recognized that opportunity and did the business. He could have easily been out against Yan Bingtao earlier in the week, but all in all, he played the best snooker in this tournament, so he is a worthy winner.

As for Ding, he generally has a very strong record in finals, but obviously O'Sullivan is not his favourite opponent, and finishing his match against Selby at 1:17 in the morning probably didn't help either. Weird scheduling really, with the finalist from the top half having a guaranteed day off, while his opponent had an evening session of best-of-11 the day before the final... Not exactly a level playing field, although I suspect O'Sullivan wouldn't have struggled nearly as much had the roles been reversed. Anyway, nice to see Ding getting a good run again, because his form in the middle part of the season was atrocious really. :smile:

All in all, I enjoyed a couple of matches this week, particularly the two semi-finals, but unfortunately the short matches in the early rounds just suck the prestige out of tournaments such as this one, and it makes it difficult for me to give them my full attention. Oh well, more of the same next week...

Comment

• "I haven't played since the Masters [in mid-January] so I came here cold and I got lucky this week."

Sure Ronnie, sure. So in other words you're basically saying "i can beat all these other players without practising". They should tax him every time he opens his mouth for the ozone layer getting bombarded with the crap he talks.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
            I know it shouldn't bug me to this extent, but those... fools (he says, biting his tongue) who sit in the seats behind the player's chair and do everything in their power to make sure they're in shot when the camera is on the player, need slapping.
            I noticed that and people who become hyperactive when they see themselves on the big screens. It's embarrassing for the game and makes them look like a bunch of starstuck simpletons. Like the audience of a 1970s gameshow.
            www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
              "I haven't played since the Masters [in mid-January] so I came here cold and I got lucky this week."

"i can beat all these other players without practising"
              It's the truth though, and that's why he won the tournament

Comment

• As if he could say that it was close and he was lucky.....

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                  I noticed that and people who become hyperactive when they see themselves on the big screens. It's embarrassing for the game and makes them look like a bunch of starstuck simpletons. Like the audience of a 1970s gameshow.
                  Happens in every sport in Arena's etc, see it all of the time, let it go, people like to have a fun time when they go out to things like this, they aren't bothering anyone..... apart from the "real fans" in their armchairs.....

Comment

• Originally Posted by thevenue2 View Post
                    It's the truth though, and that's why he won the tournament
                    Yes, he won the tournament because he doesn't practice.

Comment

Happens in every sport in Arena's etc, see it all of the time, let it go, people like to have a fun time when they go out to things like this, they aren't bothering anyone..... apart from the "real fans" in their armchairs.....
                      Agreed.

Didn't see much of this final but it seems it was Ronnie practicing again. As impressive as that is I much prefer a tightly contested match, the final against Murphy for example, it's a shame that he has to drop his standard for anyone to compete with (or beat) him.

Comment

I agree with that for most sports and like to see people having a good time at big arena events but not Snooker and it's not something I normally see at tournaments. It feels like the shootout crowd.
                        www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                          I agree with that for most sports and like to see people having a good time at big arena events but not Snooker and it's not something I normally see at tournaments. It feels like the shootout crowd.
                          I hear you, I think its just becoming "the norm" now for Snooker, seems to happen a lot.

Comment

Yes, he won the tournament because he doesn't practice.
                            I took it as he was saying he wasn't "match-ready", not that he doesn't practise, still, I don't see him doing it for hours on end like a lot of the others, he's too busy living life.

Comment

• Ronnie has the most number of centuries in this tourney, 10 I suppose

Comment

"I haven't played since the Masters [in mid-January] so I came here cold and I got lucky this week."

Sure Ronnie, sure. So in other words you're basically saying "i can beat all these other players without practising". They should tax him every time he opens his mouth for the ozone layer getting bombarded with the crap he talks.
                                Nothing personal but it's funny how people get frustrated of almost everything Ronnie says. We don't know if he's been practising or not but being as gifted as he is and play the game for over thirty years surely gives him quite a good basic skill level that wont disappear if he doesn't practise for a month. We saw that already in 2013 WC when he took the year off. Yea I know he practised for the worlds but still...

I know I sound like a big Ronnie fan saying this but I think the reason why he lacks at social skill is that he really is some sort of genius. And like all geniuses (actually every one of us), he has his weaknesses. I just wish people wouldn't bother that much what he says. Just enjoy the snooker he produces until he's done.

Sorry for being a Ronnie fan (which sometimes seems to be forbidden here) but hoping to see more like this in Welsh. Peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X