2018 World Grand Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    Of course he practises but he hasn't played a tournament since The Masters, the difference between the two is chalk and cheese. It's quite obvious you're a Ronnie hater Narl without any good reason for being so, nitpicking everything he says so that you can be offended on behalf of someone else.
    lol, doesn't take anyone to nitpick anything he says, the stuff he comes out with is so outlandish that i'm sure the people reporting on it are rolling their eyes. And tell me, who am i being "offended on behalf of"? Simple fact is i'm just bored of him talking out of his ass like interviews are his little personal soapbox to spout utter crap on. I like watching him play but i could do without the stirring\utterly dumb comments he tends to make just for the sake of it. And its not as if i go out of my way to find his comments, when watching a match the commentators will usually mention things he's been blabbering about so its hard to not hear about them.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
      For the supposed no.1 player in the world it's very poor.
      Is it? For comparison, Ding had 15 half centuries in 22 winning frames in this tournament, O'Sullivan had 20 in 29, and Maguire had 9 in 17, so Selby doesn't really stand out in this respect.

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
        Lol why is it surprising that Ronnie won without practicing? He did it in the World championship coming back not playing for a year yet people still doubt him. He certainly doesnt put in 4-6 hours a day like 90 percent of the main tour, he literally wins most tournaments playing his b game as well....I guess haters are always gonna hate.
        He's my favourite player and has been since the 90s.

However I know the absolute basics of professional sport and realise that to win at things you have to practice, no matter how talented you are.

Federer is probably the closest equivalent in other sports. Do you think he can turn up to a tournament without practising and win? Not meaning to sound rude but you are massively ignorant if you think along these lines.

Comment

outplayed the world no.1 and bettered him in the safety exchanges, he's just not consistent enough and doesn't seem to bother outside of China anymore.
          Loads have done that to Selby this season, though?

Tbh about Ding: I was thinking more of the ROS bottling comment. He went to pot (ho ho) when he went a few down, but even then ROS wasn;t firing and could\should have been 3-1 down?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
            Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
            For the supposed no.1 player in the world it's very poor.
            Is it? For comparison, Ding had 15 half centuries in 22 winning frames in this tournament, O'Sullivan had 20 in 29, and Maguire had 9 in 17, so Selby doesn't really stand out in this respect.
            World no.1 had 3 breaks over 70 and played in the semi final! Sorry but that is poor.

Comment

• He is only No1 because of historic stuff: has has 2 WC's that count.

He would have been well down the Seeding without the Crucible as it used 12 months Ranking, hence ROS was No1 Seed.

Is there a "this season's Ranking List" online anywhere?

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                He is only No1 because of historic stuff: has has 2 WC's that count.

He would have been well down the Seeding without the Crucible as it used 12 months Ranking, hence ROS was No1 Seed.

Is there a "this season's Ranking List" online anywhere?
                1 year list here....http://www.worldsnooker.com/rankings...-ranking-list/
                H.b.142

Comment

• Thanks, I probably got a bit confused as I took 12 months to mean a rolling 12 Months as opposed to this season.

Comment

• 2018 World Grand Prix

Only number one because of two world titles...

Come on Selby, pull your finger out coz you're clearly ****!

Remember that next time you're at the cashpoint

Comment

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                      Only number one because of two world titles...

Come on Selby, pull your finger out coz you're clearly ****!

Remember that next time you're at the cashpoint
                      Erm, I'm not one of those that says he is 5hite, but it is true the cash from the past is why he is No 1 - he is 6th this season to date.

Comment

• Originally Posted by lennon11 View Post
                        When you consider that Jimmy White said he needs about 20k per year to cover travel and accommodation it seems a lot of those players would be financially better off stacking shelves. Maybe Jimmy stays in nicer hotels than the rest though.

I think that needs to change. It's not fair to have someone playing for his dinner up against the likes of Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Comment

• Wasn't it £30k (I think I got the figure from Nic B) but before the Entry Fee was removed.

On top of the Jimmy figure is day to day living: so £40-50k is break even?

Comment

• and Jimmy assumes traveling: a whack at the bottom don;t get past Preston etc?

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                              and Jimmy assumes traveling: a whack at the bottom don;t get past Preston etc?
                              That's true, but it gives UK based, especially UK born players an unfair advantage if all the qualifiers are in the UK.

Comment

World no.1 had 3 breaks over 70 and played in the semi final! Sorry but that is poor.
                                He is not in form lol.Its not like he is cheating or something like that, if his form doesnt improve he will drop from the first place, dont worry.

Comment

Working...
                                X