No announcement yet.

2018 World Grand Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selby continuing with his dreadful form. I have to question his eyesight at the moment. Some of the shots he is missing is beyond a joke for a pro. Its very clear something is not right. I am concerned for him as the poor form is now consistent. OK, he is somehow 2-2 but against a higher quality opponent, this would have been curtains.
    Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

I can't help but notice a pattern developing with Ronnie lately. He seems to trounce an opponent with the form of his life (especially against Marco Fu in the Masters, which I haven't seen the likes of....EVER), then get trounced himself in the next round, as below. I wouldn't be surprised if that continued tonight with Bingtao:

Northern Ireland Open - Wins first round 4-0 then loses 4-1 to Slessor
      Scottish Open - Wins Last 16 round 4-1 then loses 5-0 to Higgins
      Masters - Wins first round 6-0 then loses 6-1 to Allen
      Grand Prix - Wins first round 4-0 then....?....?.....
      Last edited by Huggy75; 21 February 2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Huggy75 View Post
        I can't help but notice a pattern developing with Ronnie lately. He seems to trounce an opponent with the form of his life (especially against Marco Fu in the Masters, which I haven't seen the likes of....EVER), then get trounced himself in the next round, as below. I wouldn't be surprised if that continued tonight with Bingtao:

Masters - Wins first round 6-0 then loses 6-1 to Allen
        Scottish Open - Wins Last 16 round 4-1 then loses 5-0 to Higgins
        Northern Ireland Open - Wins first round 4-0 then loses 4-1 to Slessor
        Still won big a few time this season though and got to world number 2 in the process. I have to say though, I didn't like his demeanour on Monday. Just looked even more pissed off then usual and thoroughly miserable.
        Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
          Still won big a few time this season though and got to world number 2 in the process. I have to say though, I didn't like his demeanour on Monday. Just looked even more pissed off then usual and thoroughly miserable.
          Absolutely, and he can't win them all. It's just the manner of some of his recent losses which is standing out for me.

I love watching him play (what snooker fan doesn't), but his attitude has always bothered me. Especially of late where his priorities seem to be in the jungle or filming American Hustle!!

It was over so quickly on Monday, that I didn't catch it!! Turned it on just as it finished. Will try and catch it tonight though.

Comment

O'Sullivan is playing more like Alex higgins as of late, form in short bursts then he can't pot a ball. As for Selby he had a good run of winning constantly, stands to reason he would dip in form for a while.

Trump seems to be a flash on the pan player, had a load of hype behind him with the commentators constantly attaching their tongues to his arse, it's all dropped away and he's been in a rut for a good while. I can see him being a big underachiever in the long run.
            Last edited by narl; 21 February 2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Absolutely, and he can't win them all. It's just the manner of some of his recent losses which is standing out for me.

I love watching him play (what snooker fan doesn't), but his attitude has always bothered me. Especially of late where his priorities seem to be in the jungle or filming American Hustle!!

It was over so quickly on Monday, that I didn't catch it!! Turned it on just as it finished. Will try and catch it tonight though.
              Yep, i love watching him play too. I'm one of the rare people that love watch him and Selby (when they are both firing properly) which is why I'm a bit concerned about Selby's form of late.

Tonight's match should be a belter as Bingtao is something else for his age. Another one i really enjoy watching.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                O'Sullivan is playing more like Alex higgins as of late, form in short bursts then he can't pot a ball. As for Selby he had a good run of winning constantly, stands to reason he would dip in form for a while.

Trump seems to be a flash on the pan player, had a load of hype behind him with the commentators constantly attaching their tongues to his arse, it's all dropped away and he's been in a rut for a good while. I can see him being a big underachiever in the long run.
                Trump is an arrogant arse anyway, I couldn't care less about him. I'm glad his ego has caught up with ruining his game.

Comment

Foulds just mentioned the Shootout. Was this televised, and if so on what channel? I've developed a rather guilty liking for this event, if it's the one I'm thinking about (the one Anthony McGill won last year)
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                    Foulds just mentioned the Shootout. Was this televised, and if so on what channel? I've developed a rather guilty liking for this event, if it's the one I'm thinking about (the one Anthony McGill won last year)
                    Yep you missed it! It was televised on Quest and Eurosport.

Comment

Yep you missed it! It was televised on Quest and Eurosport.
                      Shazbot!!

Ah well. Thanks.
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Jeez that Stream was terrible to watch, great comeback from Ronnie. Hes playing as good as ever but Yan really brought it to him. Great match.

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                          Shazbot!!

Ah well. Thanks.
                          How did you miss the whole thing? The final between Dott and Georgiou was probably the best shootout frame ever, watch it on youtube.

Comment

Watching the Higgins and Xiao match and the ref just asked a spectator to put his phone away. I didn't catch it all but from what I saw Higgins was at the table and someone in or near his line of sight was texting on his phone. I don't think Higgins asked the ref to do that and after missing didn't seem happy about it. The guy was being quiet while texting on his phone so that was a questionable decision from the ref and possibly a tad heavy handed.
                            www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                              Watching the Higgins and Xiao match and the ref just asked a spectator to put his phone away. I didn't catch it all but from what I saw Higgins was at the table and someone in or near his line of sight was texting on his phone. I don't think Higgins asked the ref to do that and after missing didn't seem happy about it. The guy was being quiet while texting on his phone so that was a questionable decision from the ref and possibly a tad heavy handed.
                              Err yes he did ask the ref to sort the idiot out

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                Err yes he did ask the ref to sort the idiot out
                                Cheers it makes a lot more sense now but I was flicking from the TV to my laptop so missed that part. Still not sure why Higgins took issue with it though. Was he making a noise or being distracting?
                                www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Working...
                                X