2018 World Grand Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
    Cheers it makes a lot more sense now but I was flicking from the TV to my laptop so missed that part. Still not sure why Higgins took issue with it though. Was he making a noise or being distracting?
    I'm assuming the screen was glowing and in his eyesight ?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      I'm assuming the screen was glowing and in his eyesight ?
      Yet at the German open with other players and tables in their eyeline that somehow doesn't distract them 0_o

Comment

People fiddling with their phones is annoying and distracting for the audience. If I was giving a talk and someone was tapping on their phone, i'd ask if they wanted to leave. No different, it's disrespectful.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
          Yet at the German open with other players and tables in their eyeline that somehow doesn't distract them 0_o
          Ha ha ha yeah, i think if everyone is moving about somehow it doesn't bother you, but if everyone is perfectly still and suddenly one thing catches your eye it might put you off

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Ha ha ha yeah, i think if everyone is moving about somehow it doesn't bother you, but if everyone is perfectly still and suddenly one thing catches your eye it might put you off
            I do think they overblow it at times, its like they've never played in a club before.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
              How did you miss the whole thing? The final between Dott and Georgiou was probably the best shootout frame ever, watch it on youtube.
              There's that many now I lose track.

I'll dig that final up. Cheers.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

I did wonder if it was the brighness from the phone but it's already very bright so I can't see how that would stand out. Maybe it's because most of the seats are empty so he stood out more but it's unusual for Higgins to make a fuss like that.

The tournaments should change to a morning and afternoon session format until the semis which will make it easier for people to watch them.
                www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                  How did you miss the whole thing? The final between Dott and Georgiou was probably the best shootout frame ever, watch it on youtube.
                  Wow! Kind of worrying for a lot of the traditional snooker we see. And now I must go and commit hara kiri for even saying that.
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                    Wow! Kind of worrying for a lot of the traditional snooker we see. And now I must go and commit hara kiri for even saying that.
                    He said best shootout frame, not best frame in anything worth a damn.

Comment

Originally Posted by Huggy75 View Post
                      Yep you missed it! It was televised on Quest and Eurosport.
                      It was actually ITV4 (UK anyway)
                      Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Ronnie winning fans again!!

"I don't know what boat they've come over on, they're a bit clueless a lot of them to be honest!"

Comment

Originally Posted by Huggy75 View Post
                          Ronnie winning fans again!!

"I don't know what boat they've come over on, they're a bit clueless a lot of them to be honest!"
                          He really is a first class knob. Love watching him play but the guy is a disrespectful bellend. He does it on purpose quite clearly for the publicity. Even when McManus said he used to get bogged down in all the nonsense, Ronnie's response back to him was far too abrupt and direct (in his way) and clearly mad Alan uncomfortable and he stuttered his words and made Stephen Hendry raise his eyebrows. He just has zero people skills. Its a shame such a talent has to be such a cockwomble.
                          Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
                            He really is a first class knob. Love watching him play but the guy is a disrespectful bellend. He does it on purpose quite clearly for the publicity. Even when McManus said he used to get bogged down in all the nonsense, Ronnie's response back to him was far too abrupt and direct (in his way) and clearly mad Alan uncomfortable and he stuttered his words and made Stephen Hendry raise his eyebrows. He just has zero people skills. Its a shame such a talent has to be such a cockwomble.
                            Me too. Never enjoyed watching a player play as much as Ronnie. His artistry and ability is just mesmerising to watch at times, but he does let himself down with that attitude!

Even when he wins tournaments, you can tell that the praise he gives to his opponents is obligatory and doesn't contain and genuine sincerity! It's the same speech every time.

Oh well, we aren't going to change him, so I guess we should just enjoy watching him while it lasts.

Comment

You actually have this with quite a lot top athletes. They are so focussed on their sport and winning that their social skills are not fully developped. Some examples include Tiger Woods, Tom Brady, Kobe Bryant or Cristiano Ronaldo.
                              Of course you also have the opposite with Rafael Nadal or Roger Federer or - staying with Snooker - John Higgins.

Comment

Ronnie has a pretty dim view of some professionals. In the last couple of months he's said the young Chinese players are all too busy playing on their phones to be any good, and described the majority of the current batch of pros as 'numpty' s' who aren't good enough to be on the tour. Can't say I disagree with what he's saying tbh, and I've never been a fan of him off the table

Comment

Working...
                                X