2018 World Grand Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    You actually have this with quite a lot top athletes. They are so focussed on their sport and winning that their social skills are not fully developped. Some examples include Tiger Woods, Tom Brady, Kobe Bryant or Cristiano Ronaldo.
    Of course you also have the opposite with Rafael Nadal or Roger Federer or - staying with Snooker - John Higgins.
    I don't follow any of those other sportsmen so not sure if you can align them with the doing the same things that ROS has said over the years?
    So can I ask:
    Have any of then insulted their fans? Insulted the families of fellow pro players? Insulted fellow pro players? Insulted the game/sport that gives them their high lifestyle?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      I don't follow any of those other sportsmen so not sure if you can align them with the doing the same things that ROS has said over the years?
      So can I ask:
      Have any of then insulted their fans? Insulted the families of fellow pro players? Insulted fellow pro players? Insulted the game/sport that gives them their high lifestyle?
      No (except that I'm pretty sure Kobe Bryant has also insulted fellow pros ;-) ). That was the one sentence I wanted to add, but forgot then: They are just not very well liked among their peers, but certainly Ronnie O'Sullivan is a fully different league.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
        No (except that I'm pretty sure Kobe Bryant has also insulted fellow pros ;-) ). That was the one sentence I wanted to add, but forgot then: They are just not very well liked among their peers, but certainly Ronnie O'Sullivan is a fully different league.

"...different league..." love the multiple inference

Comment

The Undertaker vs The Embalmer

Selby vs Robertson

Comment

What’s with Bingham’s cue design? looks like a pool cue.

Comment

It's McDermott, American company known for their pool cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                What’s with Bingham’s cue design? looks like a pool cue.
                it has been commentated on several times
                it is from McDermott (the US cue maker) and their Cue Creator portal, hence the logo on his waistcoat; he got the cue after Riga in 2015 and started playing with it in mid-2017, he did swing between his old cue and this one for a while but seems to have settled to this one now.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Ronnie's comments were unfortunate but maybe it's his way of keeping his distance from his fellow professionals and motivating himself? If you can't say something nice say nothing is my motto.
                    I do wish the commentators would not keep telling us the score on the other table because it makes it pointless watching the match later online.

Comment

Ronnie has huge respect for players who came through the hard way to the professional game, back when you would have played extensively as an amateur and been match fit when they turned pro. Now, not so much, and I think it's his annoyance with the state of the game, and 'numptys' coming through who don't really know what they're doing. Having to play these players in the early rounds of tournaments is a bit of a chore. I think he just wants to be challenged, otherwise he doesn't enjoy playing.

Comment

Wow, Ronnie is boring tonight isn't he. Lolz! ; )
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Bit of a special performance that.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                            Ronnie has huge respect for players who came through the hard way to the professional game, back when you would have played extensively as an amateur and been match fit when they turned pro. Now, not so much, and I think it's his annoyance with the state of the game, and 'numptys' coming through who don't really know what they're doing. Having to play these players in the early rounds of tournaments is a bit of a chore. I think he just wants to be challenged, otherwise he doesn't enjoy playing.

How do they not really know what they're doing? If they didn't they wouldn't be ranked in the top 120 or so. Ronnie, as usual is just acting like a total bellend.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                              How do they not really know what they're doing? If they didn't they wouldn't be ranked in the top 120 or so. Ronnie, as usual is just acting like a total bellend.
                              He's saying what most people think.... The current crop of pro's outside the Top 50 or so are nothing short of embarrassing. Literally 50/50 chance with any good amateur club players. When he finally hangs hi cue up, it could well signal the beginning of the end for televised Snooker.

Comment

Originally Posted by thevenue2 View Post
                                He's saying what most people think.... The current crop of pro's outside the Top 50 or so are nothing short of embarrassing. Literally 50/50 chance with any good amateur club players. When he finally hangs hi cue up, it could well signal the beginning of the end for televised Snooker.
                                I very much doubt that is what most people think. There have been quite a few players outside of the top50 who have reached ranking finals and semi-finals this season, playing some good stuff in televised matches, so to call them "embarrassing" is a bit much... :wink:

Comment

Working...
                                X