Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gavpowell
    replied
    Jimmy seems to have christened Shaun Murphy "The Prime Minister" to the amusement of the Eurosport bods. What joke am I missing?

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie's tip
    replied
    RE the tables, he said he has the current match table at his house but he thinks it's a load of rubbish (both in tournaments and in practice) so is switching to the old style. Even though it would be better to practice on match tables, he finds them so horrible to play on that he doesn't like practicing on them.

Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
    What did he say?

Not sure he's left scars on Ronnie really, Ronnie is 3-1 up since their world final and has a much stronger head to head (16-9).

Selby does have the edge in finals though (5-3).
    He said losing that final made him think he can't ever win another one since it should have been his with the 10-5 lead (same as ROS had in 2014?). I think there is substance to Selby scarring ROS in longer matches - the latter even said on tv last week that he didn't want to play Selby. ROS has beaten him best of 7s and 13s but over a distance he has had some tough losses. Welsh Open final, World final, Worlds 1/4 final, Masters final, UK final etc. The fact that ROS has lost to him in all 3 major finals and is 2-0 down in WC head to heads must hit him.

Leave a comment:

• lennon11
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Interesting what he said about Star tables , and that he has bought an old BCE table to practice on .
    I missed that, what was said?

Leave a comment:

• vilkrang
    replied
    Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
    Watching the John Higgins post match interview....he definitely isn't over last years WC final.
    What did he say?

Not sure he's left scars on Ronnie really, Ronnie is 3-1 up since their world final and has a much stronger head to head (16-9).

Selby does have the edge in finals though (5-3).

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Interesting what he said about Star tables , and that he has bought an old BCE table to practice on .

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie's tip
    replied
    Watching the John Higgins post match interview....he definitely isn't over last years WC final.

The two best of their generation and Selby has left mental scars on both lol.

Leave a comment:

• narl
    replied
    Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    And he's had a fair few......
    He had another new one at the shootout, mcmanus talks about it during the frame. He called it "Jimmy white style", even seems to have the badge further up the butt. And believe it or not, he was using yet another different one at the 1st round of the welsh open. Must have 1 for every day of the year at this point.

Last edited by narl; 27 February 2018, 10:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OmaMiesta
    replied
    Ronnie makes a great commentator, deff would like to hear more of him in the future.

Leave a comment:

• danam1
    replied
    Cheers guys. If it said “bye” I would of understood that!��

Leave a comment:

• Rane
    replied
    Originally Posted by tmax View Post
    As Trump said in his interview afterwards - there is a very high degree of honesty amongst the players

Judd told the referee that he had hit the red - the referee maybe should have said he did not see it, and he would watch the replay (which he eventually did) and make a final judgement

But to keep arguing with the player until Judd's insistence makes him watch the replay is poor - upsetting for the player and makes the ref look silly.

I'm sure Jan Verhaas, Brendon More et al would have handled it differently

I know the rules do not explicitly state that a player has any recourse, and surely we do not need Tennis style challenges (lol), but as a gentleman/ladies' game we expect our referees to be professional and courteous, and our players to be honest
    If he had kept his eyes on the white ball, he wouldn´t have been in doubt because it changed direction (if only just slight).

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
    What does the W/O mean between ROS and R Hull? I think somewhere said “walked over”. Still not sure what that means?
    Robin has pulled out sick.
    W/O means walk over to the player in attendance and they can "walk over" to the next round

Leave a comment:

• Rane
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    Judd was snookered came off the side cushion and very finely clipped a red, the ref said foul, Judd said he did, after a minute of "no you didn't yes I did" the ref checked a TV camera monitor and apologised and retracted the foul.
    Where you watching the TV feed or the sport website that shows the game without changing to scheduled TV?
    And it was quite obvious that he hit the red as the white ball changed direction, so Judd was very right to take up the discussion.

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie's tip
    replied
    Just looked at the 1 year rankings list....Matthew Stevens in the 60s. I can see him retiring soon sadly. Michael Holt is another who has dropped down.

Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
    What does the W/O mean between ROS and R Hull? I think somewhere said “walked over”. Still not sure what that means?
    I believe Hull pulled out, so it was a walkover for ROS.

Leave a comment:

• danam1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Well, Murphy whitewashed, never expected that. Should have put a few quid on that GG.

-

Leave a comment:

Working...
X