X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers guys. If it said “bye” I would of understood that!��
    Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Ronnie makes a great commentator, deff would like to hear more of him in the future.

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
        And he's had a fair few......
        He had another new one at the shootout, mcmanus talks about it during the frame. He called it "Jimmy white style", even seems to have the badge further up the butt. And believe it or not, he was using yet another different one at the 1st round of the welsh open. Must have 1 for every day of the year at this point.

Last edited by narl; 27 February 2018, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Watching the John Higgins post match interview....he definitely isn't over last years WC final.

The two best of their generation and Selby has left mental scars on both lol.

Comment

Interesting what he said about Star tables , and that he has bought an old BCE table to practice on .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
              Watching the John Higgins post match interview....he definitely isn't over last years WC final.
              What did he say?

Not sure he's left scars on Ronnie really, Ronnie is 3-1 up since their world final and has a much stronger head to head (16-9).

Selby does have the edge in finals though (5-3).

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                Interesting what he said about Star tables , and that he has bought an old BCE table to practice on .
                I missed that, what was said?
                H.b.142

Comment

RE the tables, he said he has the current match table at his house but he thinks it's a load of rubbish (both in tournaments and in practice) so is switching to the old style. Even though it would be better to practice on match tables, he finds them so horrible to play on that he doesn't like practicing on them.

Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
                  What did he say?

Not sure he's left scars on Ronnie really, Ronnie is 3-1 up since their world final and has a much stronger head to head (16-9).

Selby does have the edge in finals though (5-3).
                  He said losing that final made him think he can't ever win another one since it should have been his with the 10-5 lead (same as ROS had in 2014?). I think there is substance to Selby scarring ROS in longer matches - the latter even said on tv last week that he didn't want to play Selby. ROS has beaten him best of 7s and 13s but over a distance he has had some tough losses. Welsh Open final, World final, Worlds 1/4 final, Masters final, UK final etc. The fact that ROS has lost to him in all 3 major finals and is 2-0 down in WC head to heads must hit him.

Comment

Jimmy seems to have christened Shaun Murphy "The Prime Minister" to the amusement of the Eurosport bods. What joke am I missing?

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                      Jimmy seems to have christened Shaun Murphy "The Prime Minister" to the amusement of the Eurosport bods. What joke am I missing?
                      Years ago he said he was going to go into politics after snooker. He said that he wanted to be prime minister so he could put snooker on the school curriculum. I think he had his tongue in his cheek about the snooker bit, but the politics bit seemed pretty genuine.

He certainly talks like a politician.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                        Years ago he said he was going to go into politics after snooker. He said that he wanted to be prime minister so he could put snooker on the school curriculum. I think he had his tongue in his cheek about the snooker bit, but the politics bit seemed pretty genuine.

He certainly talks like a politician.
                        He has said it again this year, but not so sure about the School Curriculum bit - maybe a U-Turn already from the Party of the Almighty Murphy, PAM for short )

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                          He had another new one at the shootout, mcmanus talks about it during the frame. He called it "Jimmy white style", even seems to have the badge further up the butt. And believe it or not, he was using yet another different one at the 1st round of the welsh open. Must have 1 for every day of the year at this point.
                          Lol, I knew he was bad, but he treats cues like whores?

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                            RE the tables, he said he has the current match table at his house but he thinks it's a load of rubbish (both in tournaments and in practice) so is switching to the old style. Even though it would be better to practice on match tables, he finds them so horrible to play on that he doesn't like practicing on them.

He said losing that final made him think he can't ever win another one since it should have been his with the 10-5 lead (same as ROS had in 2014?). I think there is substance to Selby scarring ROS in longer matches - the latter even said on tv last week that he didn't want to play Selby. ROS has beaten him best of 7s and 13s but over a distance he has had some tough losses. Welsh Open final, World final, Worlds 1/4 final, Masters final, UK final etc. The fact that ROS has lost to him in all 3 major finals and is 2-0 down in WC head to heads must hit him.
                            Ronnie did smash him 10-4 at the Masters though. Can't recall Selby ever doing a demolition job on Ronnie in a final like that. Personally I think the "I don't want to play him" is mind games, particularly as Selby hasn't exactly been brilliant this season, not winning anything since September and not even threatening to.

Comment

Yes to the mind games bit, he did pull a strange face...

I did have a circle of: ROS > Selby > Higgins > ROS in my head, but Selby's safety is way off what it used to be, and loads on Eurosport have questioned his confidence.

He has lost to a lot of lesser players too this season, and having his 1st Round at Crucible a week before his second means he could be at risk there.....

Comment

Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
                                particularly as Selby hasn't exactly been brilliant this season, not winning anything since September and not even threatening to.
                                He won the International Championship in the first week of November. :wink:

Comment

Working...
                                X