No announcement yet.

2018 Welsh Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other than O'Sullivan and Higgins the results of this tournament have been just as random as the shootout.

As I write this there are 10 players left. Their rankings are 3, 6, 9, 23, 26, 47, 49, 57, 67 and 99. And 9 is playing 23, so one of them won't make the quarter-finals.

No ranking tournament should have best of 7 matches. It's mostly a crapshoot. I think a best of 11 minimum should be required for any serious tournament.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
      Other than O'Sullivan and Higgins the results of this tournament have been just as random as the shootout.

As I write this there are 10 players left. Their rankings are 3, 6, 9, 23, 26, 47, 49, 57, 67 and 99. And 9 is playing 23, so one of them won't make the quarter-finals.

No ranking tournament should have best of 7 matches. It's mostly a crapshoot. I think a best of 11 minimum should be required for any serious tournament.
      Isnt Ronnie ranked 2nd?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dr_Doctor View Post
        I fancy 4-1 to Mike Dunn tonight
        Dunn hasn't got the bottle!

Comment

• Being World number 1 and current World Champion is fantastic for Selby but as Barry Hearn said "giving what the fans want... Entertainment" is not what Selby is about. You can get better than O'Sullivan for entertainment. He puts bums on seats. The non snooker fan knows who he is, but will they know who Selby is?

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
            Isnt Ronnie ranked 2nd?
            I think he was ranked 3rd when they seeded the players for the tournament a few weeks ago.

Comment

• My father in law isn't a snooker fan. But he will tune in for Ronnie or Judd.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                My father in law isn't a snooker fan. But he will tune in for Ronnie or Judd.
                Judd's been playing like a walloper for a good while now.

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                  Agreed. I hope he reigns himself in and finds some form. Would be good to see some of the younger players competing consistently.

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                    He just had Laser done recently. As someone who also had it done 3 weeks ago, I can confirm it affects your consistency as your eyesight continues to fluctuate for up to 6 months after surgery.

Comment

I think he was ranked 3rd when they seeded the players for the tournament a few weeks ago.
                      Chances are he is seeded 3rd because the defending Champion is 1st seed, the world no.1 Selby and then Ronnie who is ranked 2nd but will be seeded 3rd.

Don't confuse seedings with rankings. :P

Comment

• Who is the favourite to go to the SEMIS? I’m counting on Ronnie.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                          Who is the favourite to go to the SEMIS? I’m counting on Ronnie.
                          Whoever wins today between Higgins and Ronnie will win the whole thing I suspect. Also think Ronnie's run of whitewashes will probably stop today!

Comment

• Ronnie’s biggest test in this tournament will be today.

Comment

• hawkins could do quite well if he finds form

Comment

Other than O'Sullivan and Higgins the results of this tournament have been just as random as the shootout.

I couldn't agree with you more. A lot of the last 16 and now the 1/4 final pairings were/are just absurd, just like a lot of the draw.

Comment

Working...
                                X