2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Bully Wee Villa View Post
    Thanks. Think I have tickets for McGill v Day... not the most inspiring! At least it's the concluding session so if it's an exciting finish that will be good.
    You ever been to The Crucible before?

It's a great venue. Doesn't matter what you're watching, you'll have a wicked time either way.

Comment

• No, never been before. I am looking forward to it really, don't worry.

Comment

• Delighted with the draw for the day I have tix for - Friday 27th. Woop woop 🙌

Comment

• off topic a bit.
          Currently watching Ding vs Ronnie WC QF 2017 (my fav match by my two fav players) First session. I never noticed how annoying Joe Johnson was in his commentary. He completely writes off Ding and start riding Ronnie's dick so hard. Ronnie is going to "steam roll" Ding if he can pinch this one. Ding is struggling now..I said it before - He missed that red in frame 4 and hes been hurting since.

I never noticed these things until I recently read on TSF everyones most hated commentator....and now I have one. Joe Johnson.
          He seems to know everything going on in a players mind.

Unbelievable the nerve on this one.

Comment

• Listen to Thorne on Selby.....

Comment

• i dont mind thorne haha. i actually dont mind any of them.

i dont like yates but apart from that i can listen to the rest all day long haha. i know alot didnt like steve davis when he was joking about but i actually found it entertaining

Comment

• Davis and Hendry are OK to good, imho.

Thorne, (admittedly not quite as bad as) Taylor, Virgo and the wannabe Comedians are a pain and a half. I'm surprised a player hasn't rammed a cue down their mouths: imagine trying to work out or play a shot and the audience starts laughing at some half wit comment..... But the level of "expert analysis" is non-existent and they don't shut up!!!!!!

Comment

• I like Hendry he is pretty straight up. I guess you have to consider commentator teams as well; Who is your favourite team?

Comment

• Tough draw for Ronnie first round, Mags been playing some good stuff lately.

Comment

• Favourite two weeks of the year coming up. I'll miss Willie though.
                      www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                        Listen to Thorne on Selby.....
                        Thorne's tongue is so far up Selby's arse it's embarrassing!

Comment

• hahaha - I must hear Thorne on Selby now..

Fouldsy/Hendry - good team?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                            Listen to Thorne on Selby.....
                            Not quite what I was thinking, lol, wrong side of body - are front and back sides?

Comment

• Hendry is okay, but can get a bit grumpy when he's forced to watch player that he considers beneath him. Sometimes, if a qualifier has a good run in a tournament, Hendry will refuse to praise them. Instead he sits there and points out every weakness in their game. I know how great a player was, and how high his standards are, but it gets annoying after a while. Criticism can be warranted, but if it's given constantly and without praise, it gets a bit jarring after a while. Also he freely admits that he doesn't watch snooker unless he's paid to. I think Ronnie is the only player Hendry likes commentating on.

Willie Thorne is useless, and I'm glad the BBC got rid of him. He was another who never had a good word to say about anybody. He speaks with an arrogance that his way of playing is infallible. If a player plays a shot WT wouldn't have played, he loses his rag about it and won't stop moaning. At least when Hendry points out a players flaws is justified to an extent, because of all the tournaments he won. WT won bog all, his big claim is he makes a lot of maximums in practice, and yet he can criticise certain players shot selection on literally every shot. Even when it's proven to be the correct shot.

Dennis Taylor is a nice guy, and can be good value in exhibitions and things. But he's woefully misinformed about the game. Last year he claimed that it was the first time two Chinese players had played at The Crucible. This wasn't the case. As pedantic as it sounds, that's pretty much true of every 'fact' that he mentions. (Ie, he gets it wrong.)

But this sums up the BBC, for you. Aimed at people who only watch snooker on the BBC. There's no real incentive to fact-check because they know the part-time viewer will just take their word for it. Or to know anything about tournaments that are on ITV or Eurosport, because they assume fans watching at home won't have watched those tournaments either.

They've got rid of Everton, and don't use Neal Foulds any more, and instead use people who are former World Champions who barely watch the game when they're not paid. Bit baffiling.

Still, at least Phil Yates won't be commentating.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                                At least there's a commentator who has a tounge up the arse of somebody who isn't Ronnie.

Comment

Working...
                                X