2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    What "new format" to the WSC are you mentioning?
    I mean the new format of qualifying. Until 2014 the 17-32 ranked players only had to play one qualifying round. In the last four years they've had to start in the first qualifying round.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
      I mean the new format of qualifying. Until 2014 the 17-32 ranked players only had to play one qualifying round. In the last four years they've had to start in the first qualifying round.
      thanks for the reminder
      was it only 4 years ago

If it is 4 years then is it still "new"? :wink:
      Last edited by DeanH; 18 April 2018, 09:13 PM.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

well done Un-Nooh - keeping ahead of Burden who was always clawing back

Shame for Burden (Q-School now?) as I have a soft spot for him as being the first Pro-player I spoke to
        Foulds said Burden might make the top 8 on the one year list so might not need to go to Q-school, but it was also said he was not going to go to Q-school.

Comment

• Draw 10am tomorrow on WS facebook and BetfredTV
          http://www.worldsnooker.com/2018-bet...pionship-draw/

Comment

• There are always some big surprises in the qualifiers under the new format, but this time there were some especially strange results.
            Liang not winning a single frame against Jamie Jones??
            Tian first taking out his compatriot Yan and then making only one frame against Wakelin?
            Half of the matches of the last round the loser wasn't winning more than four frames.

We've got four crucible debutants in Highfield, Lyu, Un-Nooh (nice, that he finally made it) and Wakelin. Looking forward to the draw.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dark View Post
              Foulds said Burden might make the top 8 on the one year list so might not need to go to Q-school, but it was also said he was not going to go to Q-school.
              Don't think it can happen, I think he is 10th on that list of those not already through.
              Shame if he does not but he maybe thinking needs a break - year out to get back his mojo for the game

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                We've got four crucible debutants in Highfield, Lyu, Un-Nooh (nice, that he finally made it) and Wakelin. Looking forward to the draw.
                I was going to criticize you for using Un-Nooh instead of Thepchaiya, but I just finished reading about how Thai names work and they use the Western naming order. (unlike China and Korea) So, apparently, Un-Nooh is his surname.

While I'm on this topic I politely ask everybody who uses Ding to also use Yan and not Bingtao. Thanks.

Comment

• How about Ronnie lol.

Comment

Don't think it can happen, I think he is 10th on that list of those not already through.
                    Shame if he does not but he maybe thinking needs a break - year out to get back his mojo for the game
                    Seventh i think. The yellow are the eight money list folk.

http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?template=35

Comment

• Originally Posted by Woody001 View Post
                      Seventh i think. The yellow are the eight money list folk.

http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?template=35
                      ah ha Hermund has done some figuring since earlier as Alfie was [10] earlier when I posted

Good news thanks

Comment

• I like that list. There's another the same, but this one has the provisional numbers and figures too.

Good go to site, for a quick run down of what's what.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Woody001 View Post
                          I like that list. There's another the same, but this one has the provisional numbers and figures too.

Good go to site, for a quick run down of what's what.
                          yep Hermund does good work, I just have to give him a bit more time to do so :biggrin:

Comment

yep Hermund does good work, I just have to give him a bit more time to do so :biggrin:
                            I've been visiting Hermund's site for years. Almost from the very beginning. He does fantastic work. The only issue I have is the fact that when you click on certain links it lags really badly. Especially when clicking on players names. This has been going on for a long time. I assume he is aware of it.

Comment

• So Qualifying was enough to get Day and Maguire into the top 16, and dump Allen and Fu out..

I take it that the variations in +'s for the Qualifiers is how much more they have\will make from the WC than last year already?

So Jack and M White will be above David Gilbert as the list has the £18k's as First Round losers factored in

Comment

• "Due to technical issues, the draw for the Betfred World Championship has been delayed until 12 noon."

Has the WC draw ever run smoothly?
                                Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

Working...
                                X