Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice calculations!
    Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    The number #1 and #2 seeds haven't met in a final at the crucible in over 30 years. In fact the Math says that it should happen very rarely. Let's give each of them a 70% chance of winning their first round match. 65% in the second, 60% in the quarters, and 55% in the semis.

The odds of them winning those eight matches to meet in the final are......

0.70*0.70*0.65*0.65*0.60*0.60*0.55*0.55 = 0.023 = 2.3% chance is once every 44 years

That seems about right. Even if Selby and O'Sullivan were both 80% to win it was 0.20*0.20 = 0.040 =4% chance that they both lose. Much much better chance than lightning striking you or winning the lottery.
    Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hal View Post
      Hard task ahead of Mark Selby, can't see him winning the match now, but he really struggled in the morning.
      My short-term memory is atrocious. I watched his match this morning, but right now for the life of me, can't think who he's playing!
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        My short-term memory is atrocious. I watched his match this morning, but right now for the life of me, can't think who he's playing!

Selby wasn't playing, that was his problem

Comment

• Maybe we might actually have a new name on the trophy this year, quite few capable of winning, the likes of Judd, Wilson etc
          Perry doing well against Selby, good player Joe when he's on the top of his game. Mark Allen or Ding must be due a decent run in it.
          Last edited by CueAntW147; 21 April 2018, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Dominic Dale stating the obvious....

Selby has to win as many frames on the trot before Perry gets to 8

Comment

• Perry using Taom?

Comment

• Carter Dott is a lot tidier etc than I expected.

Comment

• sorry dominic, you dont have to comment on everything, and lay of the terrific amount of side lingo

Comment

• Yep.

Selby to win, btw.

Comment

• DD "You have to watch the Referee when he respots the CB. If he cleans it you may get a totally different bounce off the cushion" Admittedly not as daft as Murphy's Youtube Coaching thing: "You may need this shot (a Stephen Lee power screw back) when you are going for a 147".

Just how many of the people watching either are going to go through those situations?

Comment

• Get ready for a grind, Selby going to span this out now.
                        H.b.142

Comment

• "It's not about the balls that you pot, but the ones that you miss": I'd like to attribute this to Mae West, but I probably just made it up

Comment

• How come they never 'stay' with the match I want?

The Dott vs Carter match was shaping up very nicely from what little they showed.
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• It is, really surprisingly good - I was expecting a scrappy thing... Try Betfair or BetFred?

Comment

• Well, good chance for Perry to go 9-4 up. Praying he wouldn't bottle this now.

Comment

Working...
                                X