2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    If there's a better commentator than AM, I don't know him.
    Ebdon, Hendry and McManus all very good imo. But Hendry I enjoy listening to the most.
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
      Hardly. Tommorow is another day, & O'Sullivan could easily dominate, just like Maguire did for the most part today. Even with a 3 frame defecit, i
      would make O'Sullivan slight favourite over Maguire.
      Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      That's a brave call.
      If it was against any other qualifier then I'd still think Ronnie would have a good chance but I'd be very surprised if someone of Maguire's class let slip a 6-3 lead, even against ROS.

Happy to be proven wrong but Ronnie was very hot and cold today whereas Maguire looked pretty decent and played well in the qualifiers.

Comment

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
        But Hendry I enjoy listening to the most.
        When he can be bothered talking
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
          If it was against any other qualifier then I'd still think Ronnie would have a good chance but I'd be very surprised if someone of Maguire's class let slip a 6-3 lead, even against ROS.

Happy to be proven wrong but Ronnie was very hot and cold today whereas Maguire looked pretty decent and played well in the qualifiers.
          I just don't see it. It's Maguire's temperament that's always in question for me. Even with a decent lead going into tommorow's session, I do feel he will struggle to get over the line. Not taking anything away from Maguire today, as he looked solid in amongst the balls. But there were one or two times today, where the odd crack started to appear in his game.

Should be a very interesting session tommorow all the same.
          "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Dott is playing rather well...

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
              Dott is playing rather well...
              He always does at the Crucible
              Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

• Mark Selby's place at the top of the rankings is safe, whatever happens he will still be world N0 1, even if Ronnie comes back to beat Stephen Maguire and goes on to become the World Champion, but it will be close between the two players in the rankings

Mark Selby's Points £1,315,275

Ronnie's points if he becomes world champion £1,303,250
                Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• Originally Posted by richiet View Post
                  He always does at the Crucible
                  Hmmm an exagerated use of "always"? Lol

I'd agree had raises his game, but has been good tonight. Admittedly Carter missed a few easy ones, but it's the best I've seen Dott play for a fair while...

Comment

• 1 thing that does my nut in about commentators and its BOUND to happen at some stage in this, something vaguely funny happens and they act like its "bust out the needle and thread i need to stitch up my sides" time, Taylor usually sounds like he's on the verge of a stroke when something like that happens.

Comment

• So Selby is gone, O'Sullivan with a hard task ahead of him, Carter unsurprisingly losing to Dott and Wilson crushing Stevens. Certainly not the opening day that was expected but Selby played horribly and deserved to lose.

Comment

• 2018 World Championship

Surely you mean Joe Perry deserved to win?

Comment

• If Ronnie goes, with Selby already gone, it opens it right up as others will think they can actually win, Judd, Wilson, Ding, Allen must fancy it now, Perry will be buzzing as well now!
                          Last edited by CueAntW147; 21 April 2018, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• The record for fewest seeds advancing to the second round under this format is 8. It's happened twice. In 1992 and 2012.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_W...r_Championship
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_W...r_Championship

In 2012 Mark Selby (2), Shaun Murphy (5), Ding Junhui (7), Graeme Dott (9), Mark Allen (10), Martin Gould (11), Stephen Lee (12), and Stuart Bingham (16) all lost to a qualifier and John Higgins (1) barely survived 10-9. Higgins, Mark Williams (3) and Judd Trump (4) all lost in the second round. So going into the quarter-finals the highest seeds left were Neil Robertson (6) and Stephen Maguire (8)

I think that's the closest we've come to losing the top two seeds in the first round in recent years and it was definitely the year of the upset. Ronnie won as the the 14th sees. It could happen tomorrow and the way things have started, losing at least 8 seeds is definitely possible. If O'Sullivan, Fu, and Carter go on to lose we'll be half way there in the first 5 matches.

Comment

• Might be Judd's year

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                Might be Judd's year
                                it's about time he stepped up on the big stage, i'd be pleased to see him win as i love his style of play ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X