• Show
Clear All

• the lone wolf
    replied
    Sight Right it is boys! Sight Right...

Leave a comment:

• VillaGuy
    replied
    Wow, what a great match. Loved every minute of the last two weeks.

Leave a comment:

• gavpowell
    replied
    Great final, but I don't feel like it was "one of the greatest we've ever seen" unlike the BBC bods. Maybe because I was neutral - never liked Williams much and wasn't sure I wanted Higgins to equal Ronnie! Kudos to Williams for some of the pots he made today though - I see now why Willie Thorne calls him the best single-ball potter in the game.

Crucible fortnight is the highlight of my year but this year felt a bit weird all round - I never spent an entire day there because every time I planned to attend an afternoon session, someone ran away with their match the night before. Still, I'll spend this week catching up on a couple of the matches I didn't get chance to see, like Bingham-Lisowski and the first session of Jones v Murphy.

Leave a comment:

• alajet
    replied
    Originally Posted by kibo View Post
    There werent great safety battles, were there?
    Not many, but there was some great single-ball potting and break building going on, especially today.

Leave a comment:

• vilkrang
    replied
    Originally Posted by Csmith View Post
    Amazing. I don't know what else to say. I always thought that 2 world titles wasn't enough for Williams.
    Indeed. People often say that Ronnie has under achieved but out of the class of 92 I'd say Williams has. Him being the last player to win the triple crown in a season wasn't a fluke, it's great to see him back where he belongs.

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Very well played by Mark. He totally deserves this victory.

Leave a comment:

• MrRottweiler
    replied
    Incredible Snooker from two greats. The fact Mark said he had been close to quitting makes me delighted for him. I know the cash prize is often overlooked because getting your name on the trophy is more important but it's still a job so the money is important. What a pay day.

Did I miss something or was the high break prize for John not mentioned?

Leave a comment:

• GeordieDS
    replied
    Get in Willo

Leave a comment:

• kibo
    replied
    Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    probably the best quality snooker ever in a wcf. be lucky to see that again, in my life time anyway..
    There werent great safety battles, were there?

Leave a comment:

• Csmith
    replied
    Amazing. I don't know what else to say. I always thought that 2 world titles wasn't enough for Williams.

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Came in from riding the bike this afternoon and when seeing the scoreline was expecting a very short night, how Higgins put that run together I'll never know, and all credit to Mark for not crumbling, great Champion great match 😎

Leave a comment:

• alajet
    replied
    We were all lucky to get to see a class of '92 final after all these years.

Leave a comment:

• Long Butt
    replied
    Well played Mark. Well deserved

Leave a comment:

• kibo
    replied
    Great respect for players not getting infected with nervousness by their emotional families in public.I would find it annoying tbh

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Holy ****!

I’m not crying, I’ve just got something in my eye.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X