No announcement yet.

2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Trump's sight still an issue?Because he made so many big fauls from snooker positions.And the last frame was really cringy to be honest

Comment

• Well, the final frames in McGill´s and Trump´s win were very exciting. Maybe not very good snooker, but at least very thrilling

Both 18th frames were decided in the final black; and Trump´s final frame around 45 minutes

Comment

• A bit worrying for Trump to miss three sitters when he had easy scoring chances in the decider, clearly wasn't handling the pressure all that well tonight... Still, he is still alive and has the chance to play better in his next match. :smile:

Comment

• Trumps highest break was 72, in a 19 frame game that's atrocious for someone of his ability
          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Sometimes you need this matches where you scrape through playing badly. How many tournaments from all sports have been won by person/teams who had an early round scare ? tons and tons is the answer

Tommorrow is a new day for Trump

Comment

• last year was still in trump's head but hopefully he can now relax now and play better snooker.
              Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• So Trump's Last Frame Decider win rate goes above 45.6%....

Did anyone watch this on Eurosport? Who was the coach going on about Judd's technique? I have been saying similar for long enough to have bored myself....

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
                  last year was still in trump's head but hopefully he can now relax now and play better snooker.
                  Hopefully for his sake he can play at least very near his best but he just does not seem to have it in him at times when it really matters. It would be great if he proved me wrong but I cannot see him doing well this year.

Comment

• What's the story on Ali Carter's remarks on ROS? I missed that...

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                      What's the story on Ali Carter's remarks on ROS? I missed that...
                      From a quick Google..https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/ot...n-last-16-news

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                        I found that but it's not the story he referred to during pre-match interview. Something about a dressing room?

Comment

• Any chance Ronnie deliberately potted the white so that he did not leave Ali with a chance at that red?

Comment

• QUick question guys

If a low ranked player won the World championships. Let's say they didn't get that much higher in the rankings by next year, would they have to go through qualifying again, or as the reigning champion, would they get straight into the main draw ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
                              QUick question guys

If a low ranked player won the World championships. Let's say they didn't get that much higher in the rankings by next year, would they have to go through qualifying again, or as the reigning champion, would they get straight into the main draw ?
                              The champion is straight in as #1 Seed

If the champion is outside the top 16, then only the top 15 will go through to the final event, as the champion takes the #1 seed place and Rank #16 would have to qualify
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
                                QUick question guys

I remember one year that Ronnie won it after not playing much he was mightily relieved that he wouldn't have to go through qualifying the next year (and would also be granted a place at the Masters despite not being in the top 16).

Comment

Working...
                                X