No announcement yet.

2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far the higher ranked players are 25-1. The only favorite to lose so far is Mark Joyce to Adam Duffy. It just goes to show how absurd best of 7s are.

Comment

Cao just lost to Hull

Comment

A good start for Jimmy 10-6 win, plenty of work still to do in a tight group with Perry through 10-1, Georgiou through 10-4 & Davis through 10-1

Comment

Any chance Ng plays considerably worse when playing against men in this kind of tournament and does not produce anything like her best?

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
            Well, Reanne Evans did play on the main tour a few years ago, and if I remember correctly she lost every single match, including against amateurs in the pre-rounds of some PTC events. Unless she's improved massively over the last couple of years, there is no chance in hell she is anywhere close to being the 60th best player in the world. :wink:
            Correct she was given a wildcard onto the tour, played 18 matches in that time and lost 18, she's a top amateur player but not really pro standard, failed q-school every attempt, repeatedly fails to qualify for the world championships and has only ever qualified for 1 ranking event, she's nothing special at all.

Comment

Originally Posted by richiet View Post
              Originally Posted by richiet View Post
              9 1/2 hours for 11 frames!

No thanks
              In fact I just skipped the first 9h 25m and discover she only won because her opponent mis-cued on the final pink (actually playing the black but it was a free-ball)

Meanwhile, Evans has just stolen frame 16 to go 7-9 against Dale to show again she's the only female who can compete with some of the mid to lower ranked male players. If she played on the main tour she'd easily win her fair share of best of 7s.
              All well and good apart from she's not good enough to earn a tour card and that's been repeatedly proven.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dark View Post
                Any chance Ng plays considerably worse when playing against men in this kind of tournament and does not produce anything like her best?
                Could be. As well as it could be motivating Evans.

I saw a bit of the Doherty - Evans match last year (?). I also got the feeling back then that Doherty was a bit nervous playing her and not at his best, maybe thinking that a loss against a woman could be a little "embarrassing".

Comment

Cao out already in the first round against Robin Hull. That's quite a surprise for me.

Comment

I see that a few women are contesting too. I have not seen this in some other recent tournaments. Is this followed only at the worlds?

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                      I see that a few women are contesting too. I have not seen this in some other recent tournaments. Is this followed only at the worlds?
                      Neither Evans nor Ng is on the Main Tour, therefore they can't compete at most events. In the Qualifiers for the World Championship there is one place reserved for the Women's World Champion though (Ng) and this year also for the #2 ranked female player (Evans).

Comment

• Reanne did that Legends tour with ROS, Trump and Jimmy, etc so maybe that has given her some more exposure to top play?
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• It’s good that we have mixed competition in singles matches. I did not know this until now.

Comment

• Will he treat himself to a new wig if he qualifies?
                            Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                            A good start for Jimmy 10-6 win, plenty of work still to do in a tight group with Perry through 10-1, Georgiou through 10-4 & Davis through 10-1
                            Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Yan, Stevens and Doherty are dominating their matches so far, the others are pretty close.
                              The most notable intermediate result is Adam Stefanow leading Gary Wilson 5-2.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                                Yan, Stevens and Doherty are dominating their matches so far, the others are pretty close.
                                The most notable intermediate result is Adam Stefanow leading Gary Wilson 5-2.
                                seen him play and he has a really nice manner at the table, hope he can do well

Would be first Polish player at the Crucible I think
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X