• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by richiet View Post
    9 1/2 hours for 11 frames!

No thanks
    She makes ebdon seem fast

Comment

The Whirlwind leading 5-4 ready to resume tonight, gentleman Joe leading 8-1 !

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
        She makes ebdon seem fast
        re ebdon this is a nice side by side comparison
        https://youtu.be/tIyfLTFrN_U

Comment

9 1/2 hours for 11 frames!

No thanks
          In fact I just skipped the first 9h 25m and discover she only won because her opponent mis-cued on the final pink (actually playing the black but it was a free-ball)

Meanwhile, Evans has just stolen frame 16 to go 7-9 against Dale to show again she's the only female who can compete with some of the mid to lower ranked male players. If she played on the main tour she'd easily win her fair share of best of 7s.
          Last edited by richiet; 12 April 2018, 05:30 PM.
          Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

In fact I just skipped the first 9h 25m and discover she only won because her opponent mis-cued on the final pink (actually playing the black but it was a free-ball)

Meanwhile, Evans has just stolen frame 16 to go 7-9 against Dale to show again she's the only female who can compete with some of the mid to lower ranked male players. If she played on the main tour she'd easily win her fair share of best of 7s.
            It's really sad that she doesn't get that chance. I think she's just bored playing other women after winning so many world titles.

Having her in tournaments (at least in the qualifying) would increase the interest level. She's probably around the 60th-80th best player in the world, while Ng would struggle to beat players in amateur leagues.

Comment

Another maximum break, this time for Liang Wenbo. Was expecting at least one during qualifiers, maybe not that soon. Won't surprise me, if there would be another one.

Comment

Well, Reanne Evans did play on the main tour a few years ago, and if I remember correctly she lost every single match, including against amateurs in the pre-rounds of some PTC events. Unless she's improved massively over the last couple of years, there is no chance in hell she is anywhere close to being the 60th best player in the world. :wink:

Comment

Has Liang just had another Max ??......or is my computer lagging behind ?
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Missed the final black.

Comment

Oh no......was it an easy black ?
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                        Has Liang just had another Max ??......or is my computer lagging behind ?
                        Just the one mate.
                        Jimmy 6-4 up now.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                          Oh no......was it an easy black ?
                          Fairly easy, played it too slow. Should have stroked it in.

Comment

Originally Posted by Miig View Post
                            Missed the final black.
                            He didn't miss the black in the frame I just watched. 147 in frame 10

Edit: Oh I see, nearly got another in frame 12. Tough
                            Last edited by richiet; 12 April 2018, 07:03 PM.
                            Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

Optimal, except bridgin over the rail. The angle was good and he was some four inches from the rail. Shouldn't have missed it really.

Would it have been the first ever multiple maxs in a game by one player?

Comment

Originally Posted by Miig View Post
                                Optimal, except bridgin over the rail. The angle was good and he was some four inches from the rail. Shouldn't have missed it really.

Would it have been the first ever multiple maxs in a game by one player?
                                Typical of Liang Wenbo. Brilliant but cannot hold it together :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X