2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice century from Mark J.
    "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• Black missed and its 13-11.

Match could go either way, Hawkins has coped well with Williams coming back at him twice to level. Can Williams comeback again? Will Hawkins withstand the pressure if he does so?

Comment

• What a quality clearance by Barry there to maintain his 2 frame lead.
        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• It's quite funny to see how both semi finals follow the same pattern: 5-3 after the first session, then both follwing sessions shared 4-4. The player trailing after the first session never got the lead. Even the black from the spot Williams missed in the last frame to allow Hawkins to clear up very much reminded me of nearly the same black Wilson missed yesterday evening (don't know which frame it was). I can't wait to watch the concluding sessions later on!

Comment

• Barry hasn't lost a session since the 1st round, can anyone tell me if it's the same for Higgins?

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
              Barry hasn't lost a session since the 1st round, can anyone tell me if it's the same for Higgins?
              Wasn't Higgins 7-3 down against Trump? That must have included at a lost session.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dark View Post
                Wasn't Higgins 7-3 down against Trump? That must have included at a lost session.
                That's right. Thanks

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• My Sky didn't record this morning's session for some reason, but I see on a live score website that the match was 'interrupted'. What happened?
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Why done WS have table cleaners for the start of each frame?
                    If Wimbledon can get ball boys and girls, then surely WS can get local pupils to clean the tables down quickly before each frame between adverts?
                    A tiny bit of table maintenance training - between two trained pupils, the table could get a quick brush down in less that a minute.
                    ---
                    Or do it every 4 frames...
                    Plus it would be another way to promote the game to young people.
                    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                    National Snooker Expo
                    25-27 October 2019
                    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Is that idiot in the crowd going to be doing loud whistles for every half decent shot!?!

How annoying.

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                        Why done WS have table cleaners for the start of each frame?
                        If Wimbledon can get ball boys and girls, then surely WS can get local pupils to clean the tables down quickly before each frame between adverts?
                        A tiny bit of table maintenance training - between two trained pupils, the table could get a quick brush down in less that a minute.
                        ---
                        Or do it every 4 frames...
                        Plus it would be another way to promote the game to young people.
                        Why do you think the table needs cleaning between every frame?

It doesn't as far as I'm concerned, and I suspect it could even affect the way it plays.
                        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Is it just me or does Wilson never leave something easy after going for a wild shot?

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                            Or do it every 4 frames....
                            They do get brushed during msi ? You can see them doing it on the telly 😆

Comment

• Anyone know what interrupted the William's match?

Comment

• Had Higgins been playing his 'A' game, this match would have been over before this last session.

He's going to win this match without even playing that well by his standards.

He's head and shoulders above his opponent when he's playing well.

Comment

Working...
                                X