Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    They do get brushed during msi ? You can see them doing it on the telly ��
    Yeah - I was thinking of more of a way to reach out into the community.
    As prestigious Wimbledon is, I'd bet those ball girls and boys allow the tournament owners / promoters to access charitable / public funds justifiably easier.
    Just a random thought.... :snooker:
    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
    National Snooker Expo
    25-27 October 2019
    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      Anyone know what interrupted the William's match?
      I had it on and nothing stood out as any interruption; maybe it was the score-feed that was disrupted?
      for the 3rd session
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyuTl6lxZJ8
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
        Yeah - I was thinking of more of a way to reach out into the community.
        As prestigious Wimbledon is, I'd bet those ball girls and boys allow the tournament owners / promoters to access charitable / public funds justifiably easier.
        Just a random thought.... :snooker:

I don't think boys and girls are tall enough to lean over the table and brush the cloth.

Also, the cloth is a little too delicate to have children go anywhere near it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mcsilks View Post
          I don't think boys and girls are tall enough to lean over the table and brush the cloth.

sometimes I think the pros should not be allowed near it either

seriously though, isn't every 4 frames enough?

Comment

• Originally Posted by mcsilks View Post

Teenagers?
            If top pupils from top schools can behave during Wimbledon, I doubt that a green baize would be too difficult?
            It's a great way to promote good behaviour among young people- which is never a bad idea.
            "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
            National Snooker Expo
            25-27 October 2019
            http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              I had it on and nothing stood out as any interruption; maybe it was the score-feed that was disrupted?
              for the 3rd session
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyuTl6lxZJ8
              Thanks. It could be that, but I checked the score with my pater and he confirmed the same scoreline the website is showing.

Anyway, he also said there was no 'interruption'.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I was undecided about the debate over corner pocket size, until a cut-back just now by Wilson, that must have been at least 1.5" off line, and it dropped without any problem
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                  Teenagers?
                  If top pupils from top schools can behave during Wimbledon, I doubt that a green baize would be too difficult?
                  It's a great way to promote good behaviour among young people- which is never a bad idea.

Ball boys are required for tennis. They're not for snooker.

If you really think that we need a way to promote good behaviour among teenagers we really are in a bad way.

If you did a straw poll among 100 teenagers, most would have little or no interest in snooker and particularly not outside of the Crucible fortnight.

Comment

• Dennis Taylor talks too much and I think most of what he does say could fill a new thread called 'stating the bleedin' obvious '

Comment

• Has anyone noticed that Virgo appears to be MIA for the last while? Pretty sure he was commentating on some of the earlier matches then seems to have vanished.

Comment

• Maybe Virgo is doing a legends event?

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                          Has anyone noticed that Virgo appears to be MIA for the last while? Pretty sure he was commentating on some of the earlier matches then seems to have vanished.
                          he was on yesterday with Parratt, it was all JV-"what do you think John?" JP-"I not sure John?" JV-"there you go John"
                          sure he will be back either tonight or one of the sessions tomorrow or Monday

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                            Has anyone noticed that Virgo appears to be MIA for the last while? Pretty sure he was commentating on some of the earlier matches then seems to have vanished.

Well, he's been missing in action for about 4 hours as he was commentating on the Williams-Hawkins match earlier.

Comment

• Not seen much of this in the last few days so never noticed he had been on, lately i tend to watch it with the audio muted for my own sanity.

Comment

• So we have the first finalist....
                                "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

Working...
                                X