2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Why is it called a Swan Neck Peter ? ...........probably because it looks like a Swan Dennis .

What a XXXX !

Is it me or is Ali Carter liked by his fellow Pro's and snooker Journalists ? I feel that the is something below the surface that we don't know about [ i've heard something mentioned but not going to put it on the Forum ] . Probably just Chinese Whispers anyway

Read that he was the only Pro who didn't turn up to the Press day , and the way it was worded , they weren't too bothered that he didn't ! . Is it mandatory ? Will he get fined for that ?

I like his steely determination in both his personal and professional life , so hope all of the above is just a load of hot air !!!
    Harold Holt invented the "swan-neck" rest head we know today (original name "Spannrest" or "spanrest") patented in 1951.

yep, I do feel there is a general "dislike" to AC around the tour, don't know why, what or wherefore
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      Harold Holt invented the "swan-neck" rest head we know today (original name "Spannrest" or "spanrest") patented in 1951.

yep, I do feel there is a general "dislike" to AC around the tour, don't know why, what or wherefore
      Hmmm, so almost a play on words from the original name....

re AC: possibly why a few have typed similar here, without being able (or wanting) to point finger on it?

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
        .......Read that he was the only Pro who didn't turn up to the Press day , and the way it was worded , they weren't too bothered that he didn't ! . Is it mandatory ? Will he get fined for that ? ........
        I read/heard somewhere that he was having an operation

Comment

• loving this match with wilson and jones. must say, quite like watching jamie jones play.

Comment

• It's amazing how Lyu has dominated the second half of the match after going behind in both of the first two sessions. What a crucial foul on the pink from Hawkins that could turn out to be... :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
              It's amazing how Lyu has dominated the second half of the match after going behind in both of the first two sessions. What a crucial foul on the pink from Hawkins that could turn out to be... :smile:
              11-9 favoured Hawkins not only because he led by 2 frames but because he would have managed to escape the mini session with 2-2 despite how Lyu had played. However 10-10 and Lyu is playing better, perhaps the pressure will get to him but otherwise he could win.

Comment

• Hawkins had won the previous 4 Frames where both players scored (ie more than a handful of points).

If the ends this session how he ended the last 2 then there is only 1 winner, but.....

Comment

• For all the weird pronunciations of Chinese names, I think Neal Foulds referring to Lyu Haotian as "Lu Hushan" has to be one of the worst. :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                    For all the weird pronunciations of Chinese names, I think Neal Foulds referring to Lyu Haotian as "Lu Hushan" has to be one of the worst. :wink:

anyone know how to correctly pronounce it?

how-TEEan
                    how-shi-anne

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

anyone know how to correctly pronounce it?

how-TEEan
                      how-shi-anne
                      How TEEan is the correct pronunciation

Comment

• All wrong it's:

Loo Sing

Comment

• shame for Lyu Haotian with best ever WSC performance but experience told with Hawkins running the last three relatively easily

Comment

• That was mentally pretty strong by Barry Hawkins. At one point he seemed pretty stricken and couldn't pot much, but he found his composure again, withstood Lyus comeback and makes the quarterfinal for a sixth time in his career and for the sixth time in a row, which is a pretty decent stat.

At the end pressure came a bit to Lyu and maybe also concentration vanished, especially as he isn't used to this long distance, but he played a match he can be proud of.
                            Last edited by JimMalone; 28 April 2018, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Its so typical to see outsiders fight hard and show impressive game only to crumble under the stress once they are approaching the finish line.
                              Unfortunately its how our psyche works lol.

Comment

• Originally Posted by kibo View Post
                                Its so typical to see outsiders fight hard and show impressive game only to crumble under the stress once they are approaching the finish line.
                                Unfortunately its how our psyche works lol.
                                It's just logical.

Comment

Working...
                                X