Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blahblah01
    replied
    Dott took a few notes on a scrap of paper in with him when he "wasn't looking"...

I was going to PM re disliking ROS, as I'm in the "no wrong" camp too.

re Allen: his Masters Final rematch with Wilson will be interesting, and too close to call, imho.

Jack beating Higgins would be the cat of cats among the pigeons?

Leave a comment:

• RocketRoy1983
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    To like or dislike somebody is always an opinion. But this opinion is mostly based on things.

As for Carter winning the World Champs I highly doubt it. Firstly I still think O'Sullivan wins this match. But even if Carter wins this match he'd probably be outsider in every match remaining. Bingham did similiar of course in 2015, but it's just unlikely I think.

On the other hand I wouldn't underestimate Mark Allen.
    Definetly wouldn't write off Allen.

I do love a debate on Ronnie for me he can do no wrong so I'd love to hear some time what your views are based on.

Ali Carter refusing to look at the table is quite funny actually.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
    Yes Carter does have something about him that is unlikeable I agree. Not sure anything about Ronnie is unlikeable but that's just my opinion of course.

I can see Carter winning this if he beats Ronnie.
    To like or dislike somebody is always an opinion. But this opinion is mostly based on things.

As for Carter winning the World Champs I highly doubt it. Firstly I still think O'Sullivan wins this match. But even if Carter wins this match he'd probably be outsider in every match remaining. Bingham did similiar of course in 2015, but it's just unlikely I think.

On the other hand I wouldn't underestimate Mark Allen.

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    ROS is getting a lot of kicks in this match - and were barely noticeable before?

Any explanations - beyond "There is a God and he hates Ronald" :wink:

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    This does sound bad, well REALLY BAD, but he wasn't the same before? He was more like Hamilton?

He would have to come down a bit of he wins? Never beaten ROS in 13... Williams next? At worst Ding in Semi, but could get Hawkins, and a guaranteed knee trembler as whoever is winning cracks. Then the Final and being totally drained?

Leave a comment:

• RocketRoy1983
    replied
    Yes Carter does have something about him that is unlikeable I agree. Not sure anything about Ronnie is unlikeable but that's just my opinion of course.

I can see Carter winning this if he beats Ronnie.

Leave a comment:

• jimev
    replied
    I think Mark Allen has a really good chance of winning the tournament based on his form so far

Leave a comment:

• arsalanjami
    replied
    Carter refuses to look at Ronnie on the table - hahahaha funniest thing his face is turned to the crowd sideways lol.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by jimev View Post
    It's Alan mcmanus and Dennis Taylor on the BBC online. Not watching on eurosport sorry
    No worries. It's not important, was just out of interest.

Both missed plenty of chances in this frame. Would be important for Joe to get one back.

On the other table O'Sullivan made some potting errors as well, while Carter plays pretty good (especially long pots are flying in) and so far seems composed. Ali leads 8-3.
    Last edited by JimMalone; 27 April 2018, 07:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jimev
    replied
    It's Alan mcmanus and Dennis Taylor on the BBC online. Not watching on eurosport sorry

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Anybody who can tell me who the commentators on the Allen - Perry match are? Just out of interest.
    Since there's no TV coverage tonight in Austria I watch on the Eurosport Player and as I don't usually listen to the british commentators I can't name them.

The only one I always recognize is Hendry. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    It's definitely not misguided.
    His CB is tonight....

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    Similar re Carter - and while I do understand the anti-ROS thang, I believe it is misguided etc :wink:
    It's definitely not misguided.

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Similar re Carter - and while I do understand the anti-ROS thang, I believe it is misguided etc :wink:

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by lennon11 View Post
    Got to feel for Ali Carter and all his health problems, however I do feel there is something a little unlikable about him.(please don't turn this into a Ronnie comment)
    Strangely I feel very similiar towards him.
    Still he is way more likeable than O'Sullivan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X