No announcement yet.

2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would only work re the Slessor losses?

Comment

• The way Rob Milkins plays snooker make me laugh, and I don't mean that in a derogatory sense. It's almost like he doesn't have the patience to stand about working out the correct shot to play, so just gets down, pots the ball and deals with the next shot from wherever the cue ball decides to finish.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• A wannabe Stephen Lee :wink:

Comment

• Silky Milky! Nice break.

Comment

• Been watching Ding practice lately. Trust me, this is his year.

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
              Been watching Ding practice lately. Trust me, this is his year.
              Where was that?

Also you know the snooker-saying, "tough to bring your practise game to the match table"!
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                From 12 months ago...

Hadn't seen this video so thanks for that.

If Kyren needs a lengthy playing in time (still don't understand why they don't have a couple of spares that are played in and then razor blazed off.

They may not be a perfect replacement but better than a non played in one or one with a chink out of it.

I was hoping at the end of the video Barry would say this is the solution for next year or in the future, hopefully it is as he is certainly playing solid.

He played a couple of different shots tonight (successfully I might add) where I thought he might have stunned the cue ball but instead played some power running side shots and I couldn't help but wonder if it was to avoid the chip out of his tip.

Either way, he is through so hopefully has a decent chance to get some confidence around whatever they do with the tip.
                Last edited by Shockerz; 28 April 2018, 08:15 PM.
                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                  I quite like Ding's chances now as well. He played terrifically well at the Crucible in 2016 and 2017, only losing to an excellent Selby, and I think seeing the two favourites go out could give him a nice boost of confidence and motivation. He was also quite lucky with the draw this year, with only Hawkins really standing in his way before the semi-finals, so he could get there without expending too much energy. He made a good start against Xiao as well.

But then again, considering how horribly I've misjudged things in this Championship so far, I could be wrong again... :smile:
                  My opinion as well, but all of a sudden this years WC has become very interesting.
                  ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                  "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

If Kyren needs a lengthy playing in time (still don't understand why they don't have a couple of spares that are played in and then razor blazed off.

They may not be a perfect replacement but better than a non played in one or one with a chink out of it.

I was hoping at the end of the video Barry would say this is the solution for next year or in the future, hopefully it is as he is certainly playing solid.

He played a couple of different shots tonight (successfully I might add) where I though he might have stunned the cue ball but instead played some power running side shots and I couldn't help but wonder if it was to avoid the chip out of his tip.

Either way, he is through so hopefully has a decent chance to get some confidence around whatever they do with the tip.
                    The Bold is why I looked it up, but.....

He was interviewed by Eurosport and the plan is to use the Masters Finlal one - White and Selby (who looked like a ren boy) weren;t impressed, saying he would be lucky to get a session out of it....

Selby had told him that tip wouldn't see him to the Final before it started.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

He played a couple of different shots tonight (successfully I might add) where I though he might have stunned the cue ball but instead played some power running side shots and I couldn't help but wonder if it was to avoid the chip out of his tip.

I know we aren't pros, but do you knock tips in then cut them off so you have a spare? As soon as I have a tip I'm happy with it's not going anywhere.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                        I know we aren't pros, but do you knock tips in then cut them off so you have a spare? As soon as I have a tip I'm happy with it's not going anywhere.
                        Selby was interesting re tips going off, and that was why he changed after a Semi as it was "dead".

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                          I get where you're coming from but I generally use tips where I don't need to.

When I used Talisman's I did actually do 2 spares (lost one of them) and used to keep the other in the case. To be fair, I could have a crack at doing one from scratch, shape it etc but it would be tight on the 15 minutes they allows for this which is a little too tight for the guys; should give them 25 minutes as it doesn't happen that often.

I use the Centruy G3 not and like the Talisman, it plays straight in (in my opinion) so again not an issue for a spare as I feel they are very consistent.

Point taken though, as an amateur I probably would't have a spare if I used Elks and other 'playing in tips' but I'm not making my living off it.

I understand where you're coming from but after one disaster I think I would probably ensure a couple of spares rather than a potential nightmare again.

That aside, I love the Wilson / Stark team.

Kyren Wilson is a fantastic prospect as had some amazing shots to wrap the last frame up and with Barry Stark, a font of snooker knowledge and a true gent surely they don't have long top wait to achieve the success they have worked hard for.
                          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                            Been watching Ding practice lately. Trust me, this is his year.
                            Practice table play really means nothing on the match table. The only exception to that is being able to take your practice game to match play and it's rare that's seen with Ding.

Comment

• What a way to give up a frame. LOL.

Comment

• And it was Williams in frame 6.

Comment

Working...
                                X