2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    I practice that one a lot to get me out of trouble.

A guy came in the club the other day and said I was hitting the cue ball wrong.

He said I was missing the centre of the ball every single time. With a heavy frown I just gave up, told him he was right and carried on; not worth trying to explain what you are doing to some experts of this wonderful game.
    You should have got him to play it?

My other one is with a cut of black to same pocket, but CB opposite screwing into other corner and side slingshotting it out of the corner towards pink and acrossthe line to pot reds into the same pocket as black....

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
      He's been doing it this season, and this match is decidedly chilled etc.

Hopefully Milkins will push him close, as (and this is my problem with him winning this) Williams assumes he will win, or is';t bothered.
      I´ve also seen it before, and I don´t really think he does it because he isn´t bothered- I guess he must be feeling that he´s in better control, but it just looks so odd.
      ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
      "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

You should have got him to play it?

My other one is with a cut of black to same pocket, but CB opposite screwing into other corner and side slingshotting it out of the corner towards pink and acrossthe line to pot reds into the same pocket as black....
        Probably need to see that one.

I wouldn't ask this guy to play it as the guy doesn't stop talking when I'm trying to practice!
        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by Rane View Post
          I´ve also seen it before, and I don´t really think he does it because he isn´t bothered- I guess he must be feeling that he´s in better control, but it just looks so odd.
          The only defence is 1 hand is better than two. this is far more relevant in putting in golf vs bowls. It is easier to roll a golf ball into a (golf) hole than putt, and the putting issue is the two hands bit - bowling with two hands is very difficult.... He could argue that such "touch" shots are easier, but the other hand is the bridge\guide - or his head is higher and can see more (see the look away escape\fluke) and he could arue that the bridge makes adjustments more difficult....

If he wins next weekend, then he is right, play a few of them and lose to Wilson\Allen\Judd and he is wrong. Would he play them against Higgins? I doubt it why? Coz he knows it is wrong and would be calling Higgins a numpty :wink:

Comment

Probably need to see that one.

I wouldn't ask this guy to play it as the guy doesn't stop talking when I'm trying to practice!

Defo get him to show the shot with CB (Centre Ball) CB striking and talk to him, ripping his stance, grip etc

Black on spot, white kinda in line with side pocket (Green side) or a bit straighter. Zing it with bottom left and the cue ball will spin out of the angle and towards the pink, with more fizz and different angel up to blue - but pulling CB to side of table is the point for me

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
              Practice table play really means nothing on the match table. The only exception to that is being able to take your practice game to match play and it's rare that's seen with Ding.
              Hmmm get more Comp Practice on the Practice Table

I could get into someone's head to recreate the Pressure...

Comment

Defo get him to show the shot with CB (Centre Ball) CB striking and talk to him, ripping his stance, grip etc

Black on spot, white kinda in line with side pocket (Green side) or a bit straighter. Zing it with bottom left and the cue ball will spin out of the angle and towards the pink, with more fizz and different angel up to blue - but pulling CB to side of table is the point for me
                If the guy could just walk and talk at the same time that would be a skill as he would be eventually moving away from my table so I could enjoy my much needed and usually enjoyed practice time.

Comment

If the guy could just walk and talk at the same time that would be a skill as he would be eventually moving away from my table so I could enjoy my much needed and usually enjoyed practice time.
                  Just glare@ it usually works for me, lol.

Comment

Just glare@ it usually works for me, lol.
                    No point.

Cause of my age they'll just think I'm constipated.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                      ...but between Ding and Higgins, logically, wouldn't you make Higgins favourite even if you feel Ding might win?? I've warmed to Ding a bit but not enough that I'd like to see him win the tournament, but then again I'd rather not see Carter win it either. Good players, but I don't get pleasure watching them unless it's a good opponent.
                      Close call for me... Both tournament winners this season, both have played well at the Crucible in the last two years, and they are very close in the rankings. I think Higgins is the more consistent and reliable player, but he could potentially have a tougher draw to reach the final, and Ding has quite a good record against him.

It's still early days though. There are a number of players who will feel like they have a great chance now that O'Sullivan and Selby are both out. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                        Close call for me... Both tournament winners this season, both have played well at the Crucible in the last two years, and they are very close in the rankings. I think Higgins is the more consistent and reliable player, but he could potentially have a tougher draw to reach the final, and Ding has quite a good record against him.

It's still early days though. There are a number of players who will feel like they have a great chance now that O'Sullivan and Selby are both out. :smile:
                        It'll be interesting to see who stands up and says 'I'm having it this year, come and take it off me if you dare!'

Hopefully someone will stand tall and shine.

Comment

No point.

Cause of my age they'll just think I'm constipated.
                          So he will definitely leave you in peace, lol.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see who stands up and says 'I'm having it this year, come and take it off me if you dare!'

Hopefully someone will stand tall and shine.
                            As long as it's not Carter or Hawkins.

Imagining the Trump implosion tomorrow(?) as he gets all excited.....

Comment

So he will definitely leave you in peace, lol.
                              I hope so, it's stressing me out as I'm running out of places to bury the bodies of the people who annoy me.........

Calm down I'm just kidding.....................there are plenty of places left!

Comment

• I've a few going spare, and in negotiations for some more :wink:

Comment

Working...
                                X