2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Csmith View Post
    Amazing. I don't know what else to say. I always thought that 2 world titles wasn't enough for Williams.
    Indeed. People often say that Ronnie has under achieved but out of the class of 92 I'd say Williams has. Him being the last player to win the triple crown in a season wasn't a fluke, it's great to see him back where he belongs.

Comment

• Originally Posted by kibo View Post
      There werent great safety battles, were there?
      Not many, but there was some great single-ball potting and break building going on, especially today.

Comment

• Great final, but I don't feel like it was "one of the greatest we've ever seen" unlike the BBC bods. Maybe because I was neutral - never liked Williams much and wasn't sure I wanted Higgins to equal Ronnie! Kudos to Williams for some of the pots he made today though - I see now why Willie Thorne calls him the best single-ball potter in the game.

Crucible fortnight is the highlight of my year but this year felt a bit weird all round - I never spent an entire day there because every time I planned to attend an afternoon session, someone ran away with their match the night before. Still, I'll spend this week catching up on a couple of the matches I didn't get chance to see, like Bingham-Lisowski and the first session of Jones v Murphy.

Comment

• Wow, what a great match. Loved every minute of the last two weeks.

Comment

• Sight Right it is boys! Sight Right...
            "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
            National Snooker Expo
            25-27 October 2019
            http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• For how good williams is, 2 was never enough. Chuffed to bits that he's done it. Selby is chomping at the bit to win it again

Comment

• A great final, but over the last few years I don't have many complains regarding them anyway. Though I wished this year's final would have had more tactical battles.
                I'm just pleased that I got the chance to see those two legends playing the most important match in Snooker against each other.

As I stated before I would be happy to see John Higgins maybe get to 5 World titles once. But right now I'm just delighted that Mark Williams won his third. If you would have told me this one year ago I wouldn't have believed it. And as some others I've always felt that 2 World titles were not enough for Williams.

When Mark led 12-7 I wrote that I couldn't see Higgins coming back to win this. But boy, he made it close. Some incredible clearances, showing his usual bottle. But so did Williams. Others would have broken under the pressure of giving a 14-7-lead away and finding themselves leveled at 15 suddenly. But he stayed calm and composed and fully deserved this moment of glory.

Congratulations Mark Williams!

But also congratulations John Higgins for giving us a great match. 7 World Finals and it may not have been his last.

Comment

• Well, Mark made it in the end - full credit to him for keeping his nerve after missing that pink. For a moment I was beginning to think he might just snatch defeat from - literally - the jaws of victory ....

Comment

• What a final congratulations to Williams but well played Higgins a superb match.
                    Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                    Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
                      Indeed. People often say that Ronnie has under achieved but out of the class of 92 I'd say Williams has. Him being the last player to win the triple crown in a season wasn't a fluke, it's great to see him back where he belongs.
                      -Breaking almost all the records possible
                      -Underachiving

That is as ridiculous as opinions that Selby isnt talented....

Comment

• As a big fan of Williams this is like a fairy tale for me (and for him I'm sure).

I've heard a few discussions of Selby having surpassed Williams in the all time greats but I think this win would put Williams back more firmly above Selby for now. :P

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                          A great final, but over the last few years I don't have many complains regarding them anyway. Though I wished this year's final would have had more tactical battles.
                          I'm just pleased that I got the chance to see those two legends playing the most important match in Snooker against each other.

As I stated before I would be happy to see John Higgins maybe get to 5 World titles once. But right now I'm just delighted that Mark Williams won his third. If you would have told me this one year ago I wouldn't have believed it. And as some others I've always felt that 2 World titles were not enough for Williams.

When Mark led 12-7 I wrote that I couldn't see Higgins coming back to win this. But boy, he made it close. Some incredible clearances, showing his usual bottle. But so did Williams. Others would have broken under the pressure of giving a 14-7-lead away and finding themselves leveled at 15 suddenly. But he stayed calm and composed and fully deserved this moment of glory.

Congratulations Mark Williams!

But also congratulations John Higgins for giving us a great match. 7 World Finals and it may not have been his last.
                          Higgins was as tough as stone but i think he was getting more nervous once there was option for him to go to front..
                          Some mental scars and/or too big desire to win it stagnated him a bit i guess...
                          Last edited by kibo; 7 May 2018, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• 2018 World Championship

amazing.

well deserved for mark!

Comment

• Originally Posted by kibo View Post
                              -Breaking almost all the records possible
                              -Underachiving

That is as ridiculous as opinions that Selby isnt talented....
                              It's the almost - he should have smashed them all to bits by now!

But it's not a criticism that gets raised about him much these days anyway - especially after this season!

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                                It's the almost - he should have smashed them all to bits by now!

But it's not a criticism that gets raised about him much these days anyway - especially after this season!
                                Legit...
                                Dunno about Hendry as he retired too early maybe...

Comment

Working...
                                X