No announcement yet.

2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened between Ding and Marteel? Olivier said said foul and... it wasn't obviously??

Comment

• I've always thought it was unsporting for a player to put an opponent back in after snookering him on a fluke. Walden just fluked a snooker and put Judd back in after he missed his attempt to escape.
      Also when a player accidentally snookers themselves, I've seen opponents ask them to retake it. Unsporting IMO.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Guitarnolife View Post
        What happened between Ding and Marteel? Olivier said said foul and... it wasn't obviously??
        not a foul called no, I think the score board just needed to be checked and updated.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          not a foul called no, I think the score board just needed to be checked and updated.
          Oh I see but I think Ding heard him saying foul and was a bit confused for a second.

I usually miss those whispers between players/referees cause english isn't my mother tongue. Maybe someone should tell them to speak a little louder

Comment

• Originally Posted by Guitarnolife View Post
            Oh I see but I think Ding heard him saying foul and was a bit confused for a second.

I usually miss those whispers between players/referees cause english isn't my mother tongue. Maybe someone should tell them to speak a little louder
            Yes Ding was wasn't he, then the cheeky grin, of relief

Comment

• Just wondering when Judd Trump is going to have to shave his head.
              His hair thinning is certainly accelerating.
              Hope it doesn't affect his game.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                Just wondering when Judd Trump is going to have to shave his head.
                His hair thinning is certainly accelerating.
                Hope it doesn't affect his game.
                hm, not thought about that; we have history don't we, of a attacking fast player changing over night to a slow meticulous player once the long locks were cut off!
                :biggrin:

Comment

• So we know already six of our eight quarterfinalists. Or does anybody see Lisowski or McGill coming back?

Looking forward already to Ding - Hawkins.

Comment

Where was that?

Also you know the snooker-saying, "tough to bring your practise game to the match table"!
                    At the Star Academy

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                      At the Star Academy

well he seems to be practising at the moment

Comment

hm, not thought about that; we have history don't we, of a attacking fast player changing over night to a slow meticulous player once the long locks were cut off!
                        :biggrin:
                        Ha yeah so true, I never thought of that.
                        Judd likes his clothes an all that and baldness can affect a man..... ( women dont understand ).

Good tournament so far, bit different with so many top boys going out so early !!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                          Practice table play really means nothing on the match table. The only exception to that is being able to take your practice game to match play and it's rare that's seen with Ding.
                          Cough *8-0* Cough

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                            So we know already six of our eight quarterfinalists. Or does anybody see Lisowski or McGill coming back?

Looking forward already to Ding - Hawkins.
                            Sadly not - I have high hopes for McGill in the long term, but he's done for this season after tonight.

Comment

• Sorry to add a Ronnie comment but his press conference was absolutely bang on - great performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNKJGD9_Wpk

Sorry if its already been posted.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                                Sorry to add a Ronnie comment but his press conference was absolutely bang on - great performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNKJGD9_Wpk

Sorry if its already been posted.
                                That's one of the things I like about O'Sullivan. He's brutally honest. No bland answers. The better player won on the day. Life is still great. Let's move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X