X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    http://www.worldsnooker.com/walk-on-music/

If they haven't changed it since
    Thanks, Dean, that’s the one. Never have dreamed it came from a Disney film. It sounded very catchy, which I suppose makes sense, but also a bit Gnarl Barkley, or whatever he’s called.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• You have to ask why McGill didn’t use the rest on that yellow. If you’re that uncomfortable using the implement, then maybe you should include its use in your practice sessions.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• If Walden and Trump go on like this, we could have a very long evening of snooker...

Comment

• Originally Posted by kligu View Post
          If Walden and Trump go on like this, we could have a very long evening of snooker...
          I’ve overdosed on snooker this week. I’ll watch the Ding match out, but will catch the score from the other in tonight’s highlights.

Comment

• I worry about Ding’s hunger. Maybe it’s just his way, but quite often I look at him in his chair and he looks like he’d rather be anywhere else but where he is.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
              I worry about Ding’s hunger. Maybe it’s just his way, but quite often I look at him in his chair and he looks like he’d rather be anywhere else but where he is.
              He's only in his early 30s, but I could see him retiring in the next 5-10 years if he wins the WC. He's set for life financially and doesn't seem to get much enjoyment from playing the game.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                He's only in his early 30s, but I could see him retiring in the next 5-10 years if he wins the WC. He's set for life financially and doesn't seem to get much enjoyment from playing the game.
                I’m sorry to say I agree. We could be way off the mark, of course, but if not it’s a shame because he’s a likeable player and nice to watch.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                  I’m sorry to say I agree. We could be way off the mark, of course, but if not it’s a shame because he’s a likeable player and nice to watch.
                  I think ding is a fan favourite. Everyone loves him and wants him to win world's. And it's a joy when he's smiling and giggling.

Comment

• I think Judd wins from here, it is quite sad to see the young generation not really coming into their own yet. There is no way all of Ronnie, Higgins and Williams should all still be right at the top, they aren't all that special that they should be dominating so far past their prime (except Ronnie)

The standard of the game just hasn't improved much over the last 15 years

Comment

• Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
                      I think Judd wins from here, it is quite sad to see the young generation not really coming into their own yet. There is no way all of Ronnie, Higgins and Williams should all still be right at the top, they aren't all that special that they should be dominating so far past their prime (except Ronnie)

They are really special so jog on :-) Judd has no chance until he addresses his technical issues. He has the worst technique out of the top pros :-)

Can someone prepare the stats for miscues between 2018 and 2017 please :-)

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                        I think he's matured in the past few years. The reporter at the end pestering him about the incident was out of line and O'Sullivan handled it perfectly. He's not the same guy he was 10 years ago. We all mature as we get older and I think he bordered on dignified in that interview.
                        True words there.
                        Media will always be like that I suppose.. just looking for a story and to sensationalise.
                        I guess its the price of fame and being the best <<< arguably

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                          Bald women do.
                          Judd's losing it no doubt and he could go for that Davy Crocket look and take Jimmy's place as the best non world champion, but as long as he's earning top money he won't be short of female company.
                          Well yeah but not as common for women.
                          Judd will no way make as many finals as Jimmy though.
                          I predict next season he will have a shaved head and a goatey beard

Comment

• Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
                            I think Judd wins from here, it is quite sad to see the young generation not really coming into their own yet. There is no way all of Ronnie, Higgins and Williams should all still be right at the top, they aren't all that special that they should be dominating so far past their prime (except Ronnie)

Williams I could understand, but you're trying to tell me John Higgins isn't an all-time great? He's not quite the animal he was once, but he remains one of the greatest players of all time and nobody shows any signs of being close to replacing him.

Comment

• Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
                              I think ding is a fan favourite. Everyone loves him and wants him to win world's. And it's a joy when he's smiling and giggling.
                              I don't - I'm glad he's developed half a personality, but I simply don't want to see him win. It also occurred to me tonight that if he does win, it could destroy my chances of getting tickets at future World Championships - can you imagine the number of Chinese fans who'll suddenly decide they want to visit Sheffield?

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                                Two years ago I liked him very much as a prospect. He had already a good all-around game and a fine temperament, but he has stagnated since, very much in contrast to Kyren Wilson for example.
                                Tonight was a prime example of that - McGill came in with a mountain to climb but Ding was vulnerable tonight. Except McGill completely failed to capitalise, giving up chance after chance before eventually Ding won the last frame in one visit.

Comment

Working...
                                X