No announcement yet.

2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These lads shouldn't be losing to the old guard like this , really...

There's never going to be a change of guard at this rate..

We'll have Ron and John cashing in pensions and still on tour at this rate....

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
      So, 13-1 for Higgins it is.

I hope Lisowski can get over this heavy defeat very quickly.
      Would be good for him if he can think of all he achieved this season. Next season he will have a real chance to enter the Top 16.

Comment

• You've got to hope Milkins wins the last frame of this session. At 10-6 I think this match would be over as well.

Comment

You've got to hope Milkins wins the last frame of this session. At 10-6 I think this match would be over as well.
          But it is 10-6.

So for the quarterfinals we've (highly probably) got:

Allen - Wilson
          Higgins - Trump/Walden
          Ding - Hawkins
          Williams - Carter

I've got to say this is a very nice line-up. I think among those eight (or nine) players there's nobody you could automatically scratch from the list of contenders for the title (maybe Walden, but if he would play his very best you would have to include him as well). Also this could be eight pretty close matches on their own already.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
            Latest odds to win the championship. Ding now the hot favorite. Wilson still a value bet at 10/1. Higgins also a good bet at 4/1.

Ding - 11/5
            Higgins - 4/1
            Williams 13/2
            Trump - 7/1
            Allen - 7/1
            Wilson - 10/1
            Hawkins - 10/1
            Carter - 12/1
            Walden - 50/1
            Milkins -100/1
            Seems about the right order to me.
            But between Trump, Allen, Wilson and Hawkins it is very close to call.

Comment

You've got to hope Milkins wins the last frame of this session. At 10-6 I think this match would be over as well.
              Nah I'd rather see Williams vs Carter than Milkins vs Carter :P

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dr_Doctor View Post
                Nah I'd rather see Williams vs Carter than Milkins vs Carter :P
                Me too. But I also would have hoped for a closer ending to this match.

Comment

But it is 10-6.

So for the quarterfinals we've (highly probably) got:

Allen - Wilson
                  Higgins - Trump/Walden
                  Ding - Hawkins
                  Williams - Carter

I've got to say this is a very nice line-up. I think among those eight (or nine) players there's nobody you could automatically scratch from the list of contenders for the title (maybe Walden, but if he would play his very best you would have to include him as well). Also this could be eight pretty close matches on their own already.
                  Can't see wilson, Walden, Hawkins winning it. Maybe couldn't even see carter winning. Either not enough experience or no bottle

Comment

• Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
                    Can't see wilson, Walden, Hawkins winning it. Maybe couldn't even see carter winning. Either not enough experience or no bottle
                    It's highly, highly unlikely for me that Carter wins it, but I wouldn't write him off totally.
                    I don't think the chances of Wilson or Hawkins are much worse than Trumps.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                      Ha yeah so true, I never thought of that.
                      Judd likes his clothes an all that and baldness can affect a man..... ( women dont understand ).!
                      Bald women do.
                      Judd's losing it no doubt and he could go for that Davy Crocket look and take Jimmy's place as the best non world champion, but as long as he's earning top money he won't be short of female company.
                      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

It's highly, highly unlikely for me that Carter wins it, but I wouldn't write him off totally.
                        I don't think the chances of Wilson or Hawkins are much worse than Trumps.
                        agree with you there. dont think trump has the game at the moment to win. or the bottle to do it. has to be between ding higgins and allen

Comment

• I think Higgins is going to win the world’s this time.

Comment

• Mr Naughty Snooker

Comment

• Can anyone tell me what Ricky Walden’s walk-on song was tonight, pleaser?
                              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                                Can anyone tell me what Ricky Walden’s walk-on song was tonight, pleaser?
                                http://www.worldsnooker.com/walk-on-music/

If they haven't changed it since
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X