No announcement yet.

Shanghai Masters 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Ronnie just give his high break trophy to someone in the crowd?

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
      Did Ronnie just give his high break trophy to someone in the crowd?
      I guess yes.

Comment

Well done Ronnie. Joint highest break, won this tournament twice in a row. Barry had his fair share of chances but couldn’t capitalise on them.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          well, another tip bites the dust for Ronnie
          I wonder why he does that.

Comment

Good final. A bit fragmented at times, but also a few spells where that standard was quite high.

I wish I could have given this tournament more of my attention, but I did enjoy what I saw of it. It's always nice when the matches are a little longer and the top players are involved. The tables were good as well, as has been mentioned, with no silly balls going in at any point, although I do think they got a little more generous from the semi-finals onwards. :smile:

Another title for Ronnie O'Sullivan then, not usually known for playing his best stuff in China, but Shanghai seems to be the exception for him. As he said himself, Hawkins let him off the hook a little bit, and you could argue Wilson also had plenty of chances to take him out in the previous round, but in the end O'Sullivan found a way to win, as he so often does. :smile:

Looking forward to the China Championship now. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
              I wonder why he does that.
              I suspect to a pro player, a high break trophy is pretty meaningless (especially someone like ROS), it means more to a young fan.

Comment

Thought he would have to cut it in half and give it to Bingham
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

A good final. Well done Ronnie. Is Hawkins choking in tournament finals. He plays fantastic stuff in the quarters and semis but falls short of performance in the final.

Comment

Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                    A good final. Well done Ronnie. Is Hawkins choking in tournament finals. He plays fantastic stuff in the quarters and semis but falls short of performance in the final.
                    Maybe slightly harsh, his last 3 opponents in major finals (I think) have been ROS, Mark Selby and John Higgins. Not sure he's choked so much as been outplayed on the day by 3 modern greats!

Comment

Working...
                    X