2018 Champion of Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Woody001 View Post
    Is the cloth, the same cloth as usual...?
    The default match cloth is Strachan 6811, as per their website. I guess the same was used today.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
      The default match cloth is Strachan 6811, as per their website. I guess the same was used today.
      Thanks.

When you hear about the table running better, thought it's better to ask. I guess the slate used must make a difference.

Comment

The tournament has been great so far, this table may catch on!

That said it did make me chuckle when Ronnie almost moaned about the table being too easy.

Maybe its a smart marketing move, lots of centuries probably equates to more sales!

Comment

Black logos on a black background, not the best idea for TV.

Comment

Just out of interest, what with all this table talk, has anything other than slate ever been used for professional/tournament table beds? I'm thinking one giant-ass slab of 12x6 resin or something like that. I'm guessing getting it level would be the problem with using a single slab of something?
            Last edited by Billy; 7 November 2018, 03:40 AM.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
              Just out of interest, what with all this table talk, has anything other than slate ever been used for professional/tournament table beds? I'm thinking one giant-ass slab of 12x6 resin or something like that. I'm guessing getting it level would be the problem with using a single slab of something?
              I don't suppose the table fitters would be too delighted to be shifting that about, especially the 128 invite events and all the tables involved! There would be forklifts all over the place! I've put a table together with 5 slabs and I nearly passed out after placing the 5th one!
              Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Another weak performance from Mark Williams, but unlike his recent match against Akani he did actually seem bothered this time. Serves to prove the importance of practice, even for the most talented. Not a bad job by Kyren, but he needed a little help from Mark to fall over the line, which he duly got.

EDIT: On commentary and in studio, they're going on about what a hard slog the world championship was for him, for pity's sake boys that was SIX months ago.

-
                Last edited by PatBlock; 7 November 2018, 02:59 PM.
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

If Williams good form was a lot down to his change to sight right, is his poor form also because of sight right?.... of course not!.. confidence and huge amounts of practice are what's needed.
                  I strongly believe most of these top guys who suddenly get a few results, when working with sight right, should put the improved performance down to the more practice they end up putting in when trying to adopt this "new sighting".
                  H.b.142

Comment

Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
                    I don't suppose the table fitters would be too delighted to be shifting that about, especially the 128 invite events and all the tables involved! There would be forklifts all over the place! I've put a table together with 5 slabs and I nearly passed out after placing the 5th one!
                    Granted, but I don't think the logistics would be that complicated. It would be lighter, after all, and easily manoeuvrable with probably one guy at either end.

It was only a theoretical anyway, as I was just wondering if anything other than slate had ever been used/considered.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

I'm a bit worried about the refs jacket! If that button goes it's gonna take someone's eye out!

It's looks under more pressure than Judd. :biggrin-new:
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                        I'm a bit worried about the refs jacket! If that button goes it's gonna take someone's eye out!

Hehehe, hahaha!
                        That made me chuckle...
                        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                        National Snooker Expo
                        25-27 October 2019
                        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

One of the more sensible posts on this Forum

I think you'll find that is Mrs Woolaston and she is rocking the look, as she normally looks a but frumpy :wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                            One of the more sensible posts on this Forum

I think you'll find that is Mrs Woolaston and she is rocking the look, as she normally looks a but frumpy :wink:
                            99.9% sure that is NOT Mrs Woolaston

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                              99.9% sure that is NOT Mrs Woolaston
                              You're right John it's Desislava Bozhilova, her first time at the Champion of Champions,her first ranking final was the 2018 Shoot Out.

Comment

Explains Mrs W usually looking a bit frumpy

Comment

Working...
                                X