X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    No comment.
    Kin lightweight.

Have to say, I'm loving this tourney! The new table playing great, personally will not miss the poxy gold legs of the Star and hope this good demo of the table means more changes ( that provide quality alternatives) come to the fore.
    βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

I'm not getting into the table thing again (ho hum I did, you bstrd), but I am liking the wider angle with the cue hands being visible less rarely.

A warm fawn\gold\rust\terracotta carpet and gold plastic\metal stripes up the legs would be better, imho :wink: (And would make the legs not look like black mdf covering the real ones)

But then I didn't really notice the gross gold legs as they didn't leap out colour-wise. Now if they were silver with all those usual wrm colours then........

As per the new thread re cloth colour: if this one were white\silver\grey then I might like it (this sort of stuff has to be seen ie a few similar choices) as the black "wood" and balls would be the contrast.

Contrast and clashing is not such a fine line, as less contrast is better: this set up just clashes, with the blue light not helping, with or without that tee-shirt.

As an aside: when red-hair had that made tight metal type dress on: I thought she was holding the FAC Cup

Comment

Allen for a better match?

Comment

Is there a more spineless player in the top 32 than Murphy?
          :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

Trump? and some chars to get over 10

Comment

Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
              Is there a more spineless player in the top 32 than Murphy?
              Possibly? The question should be more pointed against who he plays in order to gain a more robust answer Tim. I personally now feel that Murphy reveres ROS to an extent which only his personal best game can overcome positively. Whereas tonight's actual events provide evidence that had Shaun been confident enough to take his Chances they would have been sufficient!
              βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

He beat him in their third(?) last clash.

Comment

Last years final saw the same players as today. Just the result was the other way around.

Comment

I wouldn't say Murphy is spineless, Ronnie just makes players look like that sometimes. The clearance to win last years CoC showed he's got some balls.

Comment

Foulds made the point this week that Trump crumbles if\when players stand up against him; and with Murphy I think the battering he got after winning that has scarred and scared him.

It does loop back to the Jack exchange, above, imho and is my point about his improvement.

Comment

Seeing as both Mark Allen and Ronnie have said the pockets are a bit generous will Selby's max be ratified ?
                        If so we should go back and make John Spencer the first to make an official max in a tournament.

Table wars, Star knew that Rasson would do what they first did and supply a table with 'generous' pockets to make their product look better, so Star did this last week in china.
                        Mark Allen's short cue action can't really go wrong on super fast tables with big pockets that are dead level, nothing has to be walloped, balls go in off either jaw at pace, too easy.

Like watching 9 ball, make it harder Barry, constant tons on tv will kill it at amateur level when new people have a go down the local, fail and give up.
                        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I don’t get it. Be it any table, WS has the same pocket template right? Or, is it changeable? As, they never reveal the specifications.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                            I don’t get it. Be it any table, WS has the same pocket template right? Or, is it changeable? As, they never reveal the specifications.
                            It's the same templates that are used at all the tournaments that's for sure but I think the table fitters can be a bit "creative" when they are cutting and assembling the pockets. That's just my opinion and not based on any facts. For years now I've had a suspicion that the pockets are "tweaked" depending on what/where the tournament is. Maybe I'm just one of those people who always thinks there's a conspiracy going on lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                              It's the same templates that are used at all the tournaments that's for sure but I think the table fitters can be a bit "creative" when they are cutting and assembling the pockets. That's just my opinion and not based on any facts. For years now I've had a suspicion that the pockets are "tweaked" depending on what/where the tournament is. Maybe I'm just one of those people who always thinks there's a conspiracy going on lol.
                              I agree with that. I also don't know why WS are so secretive about their pocket templates, there doesn't seem to be any reason for it.

Comment

i was very impressed by ROS workmanlike approach to this game
                                seemed like he wanted to make it straightforward and dull (cant be dull with 2 consec. tons) just waiting for Muprh to implode

Comment

Working...
                                X