2018 Champion of Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    Another on the red to go 15-11 up in the 8th Frame.

re nuances: there seems to be loads of very big differences in Cue Actions, imho.
    It's best I don't think about them too much......
    βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
      I'm not going into his shoes with the hideous brown strap thing

Allen is definitely wristy, and very Alex Higgins, and that is from someone (not me) who used to play with him, in a practice partner kinda way as opposed to, erm.... I'll Youtube Dennis later, but tbh I was with Alex there, and he could have saved me plenty of angst and almost smashed tv's with his idiotic comments. Imagine playing and being focused when for no apparent reason the audience starts giggling because of something the "comedian" has said and they have heard through the ear-phones.....

Wilson's post backswing pause seems to be when his knuckles are parallel to the ground, which means he could be more wristy than I thought, and kudos to the bod above who said he was. I thought he was more at the John Higgins, Hawkins end of that spectrum.
      Loved Alex! Be interested to hear what you thought about DT similarity after you check him out on YouTube. I think of DT as a Computer user non technical.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
        Loved Alex! Be interested to hear what you thought about DT similarity after you check him out on YouTube. I think of DT as a Computer user non technical.
        Will do, as per PM not someone I have watched, unlike Fred Davis, Alex, M Williams and ROS. At the time I didn't think much of Charlton (then I liked the 2 I mentioned and Cliff Wilson), but I saw a bit of him this week, and want to watch more.

Comment

• Hoping for Allen vs ROS as he may have finally(?) stepped up to the top table with a not so stupidly thin tip, and realising the strength of his "bad" head.

Comment

• 2018 Champion of Champions

ROS v Wilson
            good match prospects
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Fancy Ronnie to take the title he gave him a masterclass in the English open last year
              Current playing cue Trevor White
              3/4 ash cue

Comment

• Ronnie wins if he feels right. He was there for the taking against Murphy but Murphy more often than not lets Ronnie intimidate him.

Think Wilson is a different proposition. He very much reminds me of Selby in his determination and style of play. If he starts to slow the game down and frustrate, (see Williams and Trump matches), it will be interesting how Ronnie handles it. Also Wilson has had a lot of run in his matches this week, plenty of flukes and also a lot of good fortune when he's missed and left very little.

Ronnie 10-6 but only if Ronnie is in the right mood, not so sure he is at the moment. Otherwise Wilson has a chance.

Comment

• Love him or loathe him you have to admire the way Ronnie plays the game ( when his heads right ) he's in a class of his own and it's a totally different atmosphere when he's playing, snooker needs him for sure and we need to enjoy him while he's around.
                  Snooker has always needed exciting players like this Alex, Jimmy etc in the same way it's needed the consistent winners like Davis, Hendry to battle against but Ronnie has raised the bar in doing both, I was hoping Judd might have been the one to carry the mantle but not so sure now.

Comment

• Yes hard to think who will be the next generation exiting player don't think we will get one after Ronnie hangs his cue up
                    Current playing cue Trevor White
                    3/4 ash cue

Comment

• Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                      Love him or loathe him you have to admire the way Ronnie plays the game ( when his heads right ) he's in a class of his own and it's a totally different atmosphere when he's playing, snooker needs him for sure and we need to enjoy him while he's around.
                      Snooker has always needed exciting players like this Alex, Jimmy etc in the same way it's needed the consistent winners like Davis, Hendry to battle against but Ronnie has raised the bar in doing both, I was hoping Judd might have been the one to carry the mantle but not so sure now.
                      Yep, completely agree. My eyes have turned towards Lisowski again after how he played last week, I will be hoping to see him continue to progress cos boy does he have talent!

Comment

• My pre-match prediction was 10-2. Sincerely hope I'm totally inaccurate or I might as well go out tonight.
                        :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                          Seeing as both Mark Allen and Ronnie have said the pockets are a bit generous will Selby's max be ratified ?
                          If so we should go back and make John Spencer the first to make an official max in a tournament.

Table wars, Star knew that Rasson would do what they first did and supply a table with 'generous' pockets to make their product look better, so Star did this last week in china.
                          Mark Allen's short cue action can't really go wrong on super fast tables with big pockets that are dead level, nothing has to be walloped, balls go in off either jaw at pace, too easy.

Like watching 9 ball, make it harder Barry, constant tons on tv will kill it at amateur level when new people have a go down the local, fail and give up.
                          Even I was on a 147 as Selby, it’s just that I missed the first red

Comment

• Can't say I'm a fan of Wilson's cue action with the deliberate pause just before delivering the cue.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
                              My pre-match prediction was 10-2. Sincerely hope I'm totally inaccurate or I might as well go out tonight.
                              Seems you might as well start lacing your shoes

Comment

• Originally Posted by zygalski View Post
                                Can't say I'm a fan of Wilson's cue action with the deliberate pause just before delivering the cue.
                                No, I know what you mean.

I can't say I care for the comment Phil Yates has just made either, which pretty much suggested the game of snooker would be nothing without O'Sullivan's existence.
                                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
                                X