2018 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Why has Murphy suddenly turned into Clive Everton?? Ten minutes ago he decided to stop using his normal speech pattern and adopt that annoying matter-of-fact tone where the voice rises at the end of each sentence.
    Because he is a ........ I'm sure Hendry wanted to tweet him the other evening

Clive is proper olde school, doesn't talk too much and still the best there is, imho.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
      As far as technical talk goes, I'd generally refer to Murphy as a Computer User Non Technical.
      From the Community University of Newcastle upon Tyne? (I'm sure it was an urban myth at the time of Poly etc being allowed to cal themselves Uni's, but I believed it )

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
        But Jack has a bit of an issue playing ROS
        Yes agreed oh wise one, Like Hilary, he needs to get to base camp before he can conquer Everest. I will keep rooting!!
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
          Oh my days! Shaun Murphy has already gone to the top of my Most Irritating Commentators list! Even more so since adopting his Clive Everton impersonation.
          He just won’t stop talking

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
            ��������Is he that bad
            Yes.

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            As far as technical talk goes, I'd generally refer to Murphy as a Computer User Non Technical.
            :biggrin-new: You're a bad person.

I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but from now I'll be praying he goes deep into the tournaments. Anything to keep him out of the coms box... please!

What's worse is he seems to have done McManus out of a job (my personal favourite). I hope it's just a case of Alan's been commentating on the matches I haven't been watching, but not heard him for a day or so now.
            Last edited by Billy; 5 December 2018, 09:11 PM.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I thought McM'anus was just on ITV, but I stick with Eurosport as less annoying....

Comment

• He's one of those characters isn't he like Fraser Crane or Major Charles Emmerson Winchester III from M*A*S*H......but worse, far far worse...
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Yes agreed oh wise one, Like Hilary, he needs to get to base camp before he can conquer Everest. I will keep rooting!!
                  Ditto re rooting: but I hoped for better as he can beat Trump and Trump beat ROS, so he should believe.....

I was going to watch it when I got back, but from the shortness of the Youtube(s) I started and then stopped So he obviously doesn't and his head goes as mine, yours and all here would if playing ROS et al.

Hopefully now he is Top 16 he kick on a bit against the Top 3\4, and win the WC before Trump

Comment

He's one of those characters isn't he like Fraser Crane or Major Charles Emmerson Winchester III from M*A*S*H......but worse, far far worse...
                    Fraser had the lush Secretary kinda person and 'er from Mancland and Benny Hill infamy, Murphy is just unctious.

Comment

Fraser had the lush Secretary kinda person and 'er from Mancland and Benny Hill infamy, Murphy is just unctious.
                      That's a great word to sum him up, brill! I could only muster "pompous" in my head, so you are probably the scrabble champ
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Camewrong (Cameron) inspired me to check the meaning of unctious

He is (they are) way beyond pompous, deluded etc

Comment

I thought McM'anus was just on ITV [....]
                          Nah, Alan's no stranger to 'doing a foreigner' when it comes to commentating/punditry. I don't think he's tied to any network.

I am wondering why I haven't heard him for a day or so, though. I'll check the lengthy highlights tonight. He may have been doing another match.
                          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Well that were a scrap, weren't it?

I had no preference for a winner in this one so good to watch.

Yay! Angles is commentating on the Tom Ford match

Comment

• Yay? D Taylor is doing his Comedienne thing?

Comment

• Oh, that was priceless! Don't know if anyone else caught it :biggrin-new:

This Lu guy had been weighing up what appeared to be the most basic of reds, to slip up the table for the blue, for almost two minutes. It was painful to watch.

Anyway, he finally plays the shot and finishes plum on the blue, and in the background you see Tom in his seat, throw his arms into the air as though to say, "Why the **** did that take you two minutes to play!!?" :biggrin-new:

Comment

Working...
                                X