2018 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    It's not the fault of the benficiaries of this that the top 16 lose?

Without looking the draw up, how is ROS to blame for Selby losing to a kid, Higgins to McM'anus.... Jack vs Fu was 17vs16?

I was talking to someone today about how ROS doesn't lose early (Slessor excepted), unlike the other top players.
    Of course it's not O'Sullivan's fault, he can't possibly influence what the other players do. It's just an interesting statistic that someone could reach back-to-back UK finals without meeting a top16 player along the way. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
      Of course it's not O'Sullivan's fault, he can't possibly influence what the other players do. It's just an interesting statistic that someone could reach back-to-back UK finals without meeting a top16 player along the way. :smile:
      I totally agree, but the Haters dig out such stuff to knock him.....

Comment

• I like getting to know your humour preferences : ) I will make you laugh more the better I understand. Another thread tho maybe.

Anyway snooker..... What about Joe Perry....... From shoulders up, he was definitely in the Anthill Mob?
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Biting satire as per the list I typed the other day (Bruce, early Peter Cook, Emo and Chris Rock, with Chaplain inc the talkies being good ie Great Dictator)

Perry is another one of the Essex Mafia? And on the Jack "thing": would he have got slated for losing to Perry

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
            He's not there yet. Anything can happen in a best of 11.

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
              Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
              Let's hope Huawei don't control the electronic scoring.....
              You're not as old as I though re the chandlier gag (the only funny episode for me) :wink:
              A computer once beat me at chess but it was no good at kick boxing.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
                He's not there yet. Anything can happen in a best of 11.
                Sure, but I think he is a strong favourite to make it. Trump was the only really big obstacle for him in the top half.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                  A computer once beat me at chess but it was no good at kick boxing.
                  Nor am I

Comment

• Kyren's looking strong. Stu does, too. Their quarter final should be fun to watch. Allen/Maguire equally.
                    The bottom half is the entertaining part of the draw really...
                    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                      Really? Well I do feel like an idiot!
                      Yes you do so maybe an apology to the referee would be appropriate!

Comment

• Quarter finals

Sullivan (3) in the top
                        Allen (7) in the bottom

Comment

• I think O'Sullivan - Allen is the best potential final we can get now. Personally, I would love to see Maguire in the final or even winning but I think he simply can't perform against O'Sullivan, especially in longer races

Comment

• Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
                            Yes you do so maybe an apology to the referee would be appropriate!
                            Not really. The poster misunderstood me and so my calling of the referee's mistake is still valid. I still maintain the pink could have been placed above the red rather than below, thus closer to its own spot.
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Interesting chat with BH. He's an intimidating man but speaks a lot of sense if you ask me. I can see why the players have grievances in some areas, but I'm inclined to go with BH's 'It's not as simple as that' argument.

They also spoke about slow play, and what might be done to prevent it, mentioning in the process that a referee did in fact warn a player for slow play this week. Does anyone have any details, or better still a clip?

NB: Hope Tom Ford comes through his match. At this stage It's him I'd like to see go on and win the title.
                              Last edited by Billy; 7 December 2018, 03:18 PM.
                              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• That was a pretty poor match of snooker with a fairly predictable result. Hoping for better stuff tonight. :smile:

Comment

Working...
                                X