2018 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Marcel Marceau just respotted the pink incorrectly. Its spot was covered with reds, but there was room for it to go on the top side of the red, rather than below it, meaning it would have been closer to its spot.
    It always goes nearest to the black spot mate

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      It always goes nearest to the black spot mate
      Really? Well I do feel like an idiot!

I thought the rule was it went as close to its own spot as possible, in a direct line with the middle balls.

When I say there was room on the top side of the red, I mean as we look at the table from the black cushion.
      Last edited by Billy; 5 December 2018, 07:27 PM.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Really? Well I do feel like an idiot!

I thought the rule was it went as close to its own spot as possible, in a direct line with the middle balls.

When I say there was room on the top side of the red, I mean as we look at the table from the black cushion.
        That bit is correct, but need to add towards the black cushion

Comment

That bit is correct, but need to add towards the black cushion
          Hold on, I don't think I've explained myself properly. Have you got a pen and paper? No, of course not.

The pink was covered with two or three reds, then below them there was about a ball and half of free space, then a red, and then nothing until the black.

Now what I'm saying is the ref respotted the pink below the bottom red, but shouldn't he have squeezed it into the gap below the bunch?
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Hold on, I don't think I've explained myself properly. Have you got a pen and paper? No, of course not.

The pink was covered with two or three reds, then below them there was about a ball and half of free space, then a red, and then nothing until the black.

Now what I'm saying is the ref respotted the pink below the bottom red, but shouldn't he have squeezed it into the gap below the bunch?
            Ahh, i never saw it, i thought you meant towards the blue spot. Hmm in that case sack him !

Comment

Ahh, i never saw it, i thought you meant towards the blue spot. Hmm in that case sack him !
              I rewound to have another look and it might be me misjudging the gap, but judge for yourself. The black at the top is the edge of my tv screen. As I took that picture he'd aligned it with its own spot (its own spot being above and out of view). What I'm saying is that pink should have gone above this red, yes??

IMG_1028.JPG
              Last edited by Billy; 5 December 2018, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Oh my days! Shaun Murphy has already gone to the top of my Most Irritating Commentators list! Even more so since adopting his Clive Everton impersonation.

Comment

I rewound to have another look and it might be me misjudging the gap, but judge for yourself. The black at the top is the edge of my tv screen. As I took that picture he'd aligned it with its own spot (its own spot being above and out of view). What I'm saying is that pink should have gone above this red, yes??

[ATTACH]19138[/ATTACH]
                  Without seeing the reds just out of shot (covering the pink spot) it's hard to be certain, maybe Marcel thought that the red slightly to the right would stop it going in a direct line ?

Comment

Without seeing the reds just out of shot (covering the pink spot) it's hard to be certain, maybe Marcel thought that the red slightly to the right would stop it going in a direct line ?
                    Maybes. Looks like there's room to me, but then I have the advantage of the overhead cameras.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                      After being 0-4 down I would never have thought Maguire would come back to win this. He was never a good comeback player, but for once his nerves seemed to be good enough to win a close encounter.

Watched most of the Lisowski - O'Sullivan match and once again Lisowskis weaknesses showed. He is soo sloppy at times and misses easy pots. Even worse it is with his safety game though. He plays them so vague and almost always after one or two shots left O'Sullivan in with a good chance.
                      Ronnie made enough errors early on that Lisowski had a good chance for a 3-1 lead before the interval, but he just made far to many mistakes and as usually O'Sullivan made his opponent pay for it.
                      Very disappointed watching Jacks performance today Jim, not because he didn't win but because it almost appeared he wasn't taking part. There was a real "revert to type" aspect to his performance today.

I really hoped he was going to build on the good performances he put in against Judd and Robertson. Although he lost to Robertson in that match, he fought well and took the fight to Neil, which was great to see.

Today he just looked like he didn't really want to be there and trying to win was pointless. I wonder how much longer this cycle can last without him becoming nothing more than an also ran. Can't help feeling he needs a mentor to kick him in the butt!
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Murphy is giving us all the tech talk tonite
                        Current playing cue Trevor White
                        3/4 ash cue

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
                          Murphy is giving us all the tech talk tonite
                          Is he? I wouldn't know since I've muted him.

Comment

��������Is he that bad
                            Current playing cue Trevor White
                            3/4 ash cue

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                              Psychiatrist and a chaise lounge for Odrl please!
                              But Jack has a bit of an issue playing ROS

Comment

As far as technical talk goes, I'd generally refer to Murphy as a Computer User Non Technical.
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X