No announcement yet.

2018 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker gods gave Cahill what he deserved there. Had a couple of pots to go for. Hate it when people, even in local stuff refuse chances in the hope of more points from foul and misses.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
      Alex Higgins was notorious for this, even picking up other players discarded tips and his cue eventually split because of it. A thick tip has a damping effect and protects the cue more that a thin one, Kyren beware!

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      I'd wager the vast majority of viewers aren't players - avid or not. But seriously, if you're making a film that features a scene with the Mona Lisa, you get the prop guys to knock one up. You don't send your set guys to Paris to borrow the real thing. I don't think it has anything to do with people not knowing what they're doing.
      Talking of Parris he's there and could bring along a few to lie on the table but then you'd all zoom in on them and complain about the splices being 3mm out wouldn't you.

and how can anyone possibly not find this funny

Last edited by vmax; 2 December 2018, 08:56 AM.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• It looked like Cahill tried a left-handed shot in that last frame, and missed it by a country mile. He did the same against Selby iirc... I was sitting there with my head in my hands thinking "what are you doing???"... Very unlucky to lose like that but a great pressure clearance.

Comment

• Cahill v Akani full match. I have set the link so it should start from Cahill setting the snooker at 5 - 5.
          https://youtu.be/zG-6_ymASRg?t=18396

Comment

• Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
            Snooker gods gave Cahill what he deserved there. Had a couple of pots to go for. Hate it when people, even in local stuff refuse chances in the hope of more points from foul and misses.
            After watching this, I have to say I couldn't agree more, there were a couple of pots on and at 60+ ahead he didn't need much to secure the frame.

For some reason, this situation reminds me of the old saying - never leave a mug a double (on a black ball game). The odds might have been on Cahill's side, but luck doesn't give a stuff about odds.

Winners take the bull by the horns, they don't wait to be handed it on a plate....
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Who was the Chinese play who it the blue so hard it came off the table to give his opponent 5 points, and with 18 points left on the table, he cleared up to force the match to a re spotted black and he potted the black and went on to win the match, not sure if the final score was 6-5 on the re spotted black.
              Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• who is this Irish player - I dont recognise him at all?

superb potting by Ken
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  who is this Irish player - I dont recognise him at all?

superb potting by Ken
                  I don't recognise the Essex player either....

Not seen misses by that distance from him in a long time.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
                    Who was the Chinese play who it the blue so hard it came off the table to give his opponent 5 points, and with 18 points left on the table, he cleared up to force the match to a re spotted black and he potted the black and went on to win the match, not sure if the final score was 6-5 on the re spotted black.
                    Akani. Look back a page as I already asked the same question.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Is JV commentating this week? It was said a few months ago that he’d been dropped along with WT, but JV was back commentating at the very next tournament, so clearly not the case.
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                        Akani. Look back a page as I already asked the same question.
                        No, I think this was Zhao against Wells. Wells potted the last three colours and won on the respotted black, forcing a decider, which he also won.

Comment

• Doherty leads 4-1 against O'Sullivan. Next shocker on the horizon?

Comment

• Brecel : 3 centuries in a row

Comment

• And in Jack's section

ROS may have the same strain of Manmoania that I am just about over after at least 2 weeks of being at death's door; failing that Ken's shoes are borderline cheating as they are that distracting :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                                No, I think this was Zhao against Wells. Wells potted the last three colours and won on the respotted black, forcing a decider, which he also won.
                                Yes, sorry. I was thinking of the Cahil match - footage of which was posted before I had my question answered.

Comment

Working...
                                X