Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Guitarnolife View Post
    There it is: https://youtu.be/7CggjVnxG7E
    I think it's just a World snooker stream they have on some (all?) tables that aren't actual tv tables.
    Poor Joe, fell totally in pieces in the end :/
    I have seen these on YT but they are not live are they?
    Always wondered how this Riquor gets the feeds
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• first reaction to shaun murphy commentating is a slight internal "oh no". hopefully i will get used to him but for the moment i am wishing they'd bring back willie "he's odds on here" thorne!
      Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
        first reaction to shaun murphy commentating is a slight internal "oh no". hopefully i will get used to him but for the moment i am wishing they'd bring back willie "he's odds on here" thorne!
        He can't be any worse than John Parrot sat next to him. Every comment about Ronnie is so over the top. His little way of putting things grind on me. Yes, Ronnie is amazing but when he says things like "nobody else can make a break like this, you are witnessing a true one off....." blah blah blah. He just talks a whole load of cliche's.
        Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
          He can't be any worse than John Parrot sat next to him. Every comment about Ronnie is so over the top. His little way of putting things grind on me. Yes, Ronnie is amazing but when he says things like "nobody else can make a break like this, you are witnessing a true one off....." blah blah blah. He just talks a whole load of cliche's.
          The next is frame is "massive" - JP
          Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Watched a little bit of the ROS v ZHOU match earlier, Ronnie was flowing well today. One huge element I have noticed time and time again in his game, is his ability to focus on a telling safety shot when falling out of position on a break.

I think it was the 3rd frame, and he had to go all around the table after cutting in a Black but caught the middle pocket knuckle. He was visibly very disappointed, but blocked this out and played a great safety, snookering Zhou behind the yellow, and went on to win the frame shortly after.

You see many players just quickly play the run away to baulk shot without getting the white tight to the cushion, or really trying hard to put their opponent in a tough position, still feeling the disappointed so not giving the shot their full focus.

Its a great trait for a player to have and has won him many frames.
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
              Watched a little bit of the ROS v ZHOU match earlier, Ronnie was flowing well today. One huge element I have noticed time and time again in his game, is his ability to focus on a telling safety shot when falling out of position on a break.

I think it was the 3rd frame, and he had to go all around the table after cutting in a Black but caught the middle pocket knuckle. He was visibly very disappointed, but blocked this out and played a great safety, snookering Zhou behind the yellow, and went on to win the frame shortly after.

You see many players just quickly play the run away to baulk shot without getting the white tight to the cushion, or really trying hard to put their opponent in a tough position, still feeling the disappointed so not giving the shot their full focus.

Its a great trait for a player to have and has won him many frames.
              I agree with that, he does have great tactical awareness. Not only do some other players not take enough care with their safety shots, I'm convinced some don't even understand the concept that specific areas in baulk are tougher to play from than others, depending on the position of the balls. It's no surprise that the likes of Selby and Higgins, who are great tactical players themselves, have a more respectable record against him than most. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                They were give an ITC "Invitational Tour Card", which gives them 2 years to get into the top 64 to be on the tour by right
                Both KD and JW are on their 2nd year.
                Ken is Provisionally 59yh: http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp...42&season=2018 andf a huge match for Fu tomorrow.

I assume that the link is last season plus earnings so far this season, but I may well be wrong.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                  The old cocked hat shot, always worth a punt.
                  Indeed, always good from baulk leaving the CB up against a colour

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                    Highly interesting match in the third round between Marco Fu and Jack Lisowski. Not only because the involvment of two players of high quality, but also because the race to the Masters. Lisowski is #16 right now and would qualify, but if Fu beats him today and then wins another match he would overtake him. Of course also Ali Carter is still in the mix and could take that 16th place with a good run at York. He plays Stephen Maguire today in another promising duel, a new entry to their rivalry.

Another match that could be of interest in that round: Kyren Wilson - Yan Bingtao.
                    Yep, Maguire 1-0 up, and Jack can catch him with the Semi cash, I think. Hopefully it will be on TV....

Luca's time in the Top 16 could be about to end too.

Comment

• It looks like Williams has been practicing again :shock:

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                        To be fair to Allen I think the conditions so far have been very poor. Table is certainly not level, cloths seem to be heavy, lots of bounces and kicks in the Trump vs Dale match. I guess conditions are due to the weather though, a lot of rain this last week and despite table heaters, moisture in the room gets into the cloth and does affect conditions like this.
                        That's how crap the balls are, a little moisture in the air and all the gold bling chalk in the world can't stop those blasted kicks.

Bring back the SC's!
                        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Can somebody tell me who is commentating on the Maguire/Carter match with Hendry. I know Shaun Murphy is doing some matches, but it doesn't sound like him.

Comment

• Thanks I forgot I can watch it from i-player on real TV.....

Yep Murphy - as above when I didn't recognise the sycophants voice either

Comment

• He really is annoying!!!

I can sense the look of dispair and disdain on Hendry's face

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                                I have seen these on YT but they are not live are they?
                                Always wondered how this Riquor gets the feeds
                                I'll have a look tomorrow as Jack vs Marco isn't on....

Trump vs Marking and Robertson vs Dott.

Comment

Working...
                                X