No announcement yet.

2018 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is the wall at the Crucible and is known to be OK to do so.

Comment

• Well played by Ding. Good to see him win. Xiao put up a stiff competition too.

Comment

• I had thought that it might be that but then it doesn't make sense that they occasionally clap half heartedly.

I'll probably look silly now when there are really lively crowds later in the tournament .

Comment

• I think I might go insane if I hear how O'Sullivan-Lisowski is the best prospect of the last16 one more time...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
            I think I might go insane if I hear how O'Sullivan-Lisowski is the best prospect of the last16 one more time...
            I'm looking forward to it. It looks like being the best prospect of the last 16 to be honest.

Sorry.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Psychiatrist and a chaise lounge for Odrl please!
              Last edited by Cue crafty; 4 December 2018, 10:36 PM.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• You had to say it, didn't you? :wink:

I'm not even sure it beats Williams-Maguire as the best prospect of its session, but surely the best prospect of the last16 is Robertson-Allen, is it not? :smile:

Comment

You had to say it, didn't you? :wink:

I'm not even sure it beats Williams-Maguire as the best prospect of its session, but surely the best prospect of the last16 is Robertson-Allen, is it not? :smile:
                  In all seriousness I'd say Williams Vs Maguire. Certainly the one wetting my appetite.
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                    I bet you get more but don't realise it as not every bad contact is a kick. As a young man who has probably only played with aramith PR balls you might not know the difference, but those bad shots you think you played where you miss thick and the cue ball dies somewhat is down to the balls not you.
                    Get yourself a decent old set of SC's and you'll notice the difference, the noise the balls make on contact for a start, the SC's make a sharper click, the PR's duller clunk sound like every shot is a bad contact, and in comparison they are.
                    There's a Barry Stark video where he sets up four PR balls into a pyramid that stay together, with SC's that isn't possible due to less surface friction, the more friction the worse the contact between the balls.
                    Those Aramith balls are destroying the amateur game of snooker imo . Our local league - top division , 14 teams - lists 18 breaks above 30 after 10 rounds . Only 3 breaks above 40 . So that's 280 frames of snooker played with 18 breaks over 30 , highest 51.

It's shoite - all clubs are playing with the Aramith pro tourney balls or the 1G rubbish . Thick contacts on fine shots and just plain inconsistency of contact . These balls are not designed for real snooker tables , and make a mockery of fine cueists but they don't seem to realise it.

15 years ago that number of breaks would have been done in two rounds .

I go down to my local club for solo practice regularly- like to try and iron me many faults out , if I do a few line ups with the pro tourney Aramiths I get a few medium size breaks and an occasional 80+. Take my own SC down then I usually take about 1 line up to get going then knock a couple clearances or big tons in . Can't do that with the silly Hearn garbage balls . I'm in my 60's so I've played for forty + years and I've never seen the game in such a **** state . No wonder the local leagues are shrinking .

I get fed up even writing about it. When did it all go wrong? ?

Comment

• How did the other Asian lad do today? Can't remember his name, but he was on the right of the table (looking from the main overhead camera) Ding was on today. The lad who wears the hair clip?

Comment

• Originally Posted by ramalama View Post
                        Those Aramith balls are destroying the amateur game of snooker imo . Our local league - top division , 14 teams - lists 18 breaks above 30 after 10 rounds . Only 3 breaks above 40 . So that's 280 frames of snooker played with 18 breaks over 30 , highest 51.

It's shoite - all clubs are playing with the Aramith pro tourney balls or the 1G rubbish . Thick contacts on fine shots and just plain inconsistency of contact . These balls are not designed for real snooker tables , and make a mockery of fine cueists but they don't seem to realise it.

15 years ago that number of breaks would have been done in two rounds .

I go down to my local club for solo practice regularly- like to try and iron me many faults out , if I do a few line ups with the pro tourney Aramiths I get a few medium size breaks and an occasional 80+. Take my own SC down then I usually take about 1 line up to get going then knock a couple clearances or big tons in . Can't do that with the silly Hearn garbage balls . I'm in my 60's so I've played for forty + years and I've never seen the game in such a **** state . No wonder the local leagues are shrinking .

I get fed up even writing about it. When did it all go wrong? ?
                        I seriously suspect I'm missing something here, but are you saying these Aramith balls are used on the main tour and all the TV tournies we see?

If that's the case, and if they're as shoite as you claim, how are the players knocking in so many centuries with the consistency and frequency we see?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                          How did the other Asian lad do today? Can't remember his name, but he was on the right of the table (looking from the main overhead camera) Ding was on today. The lad who wears the hair clip?
                          Akani Songsermsawad. He won 6-3, won the last three frames without his opponent scoring a point. :smile:

Comment

Akani Songsermsawad. He won 6-3, won the last three frames without his opponent scoring a point. :smile:
                            6-2 actually. He won 5 frames in a row from 1-2 behind. But yeah, didn't drop a point last 3.

Comment

• Originally Posted by RaveDave View Post
                              6-2 actually. He won 5 frames in a row from 1-2 behind. But yeah, didn't drop a point last 3.
                              You are right of course, my apologies. :smile:

Comment

• Last 16

Sullivan Ding Trump in top half
                                Robertson Allen Williams Hawkins in bottom half

Comment

Working...
                                X