Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    agreed, looks a better match that could be a cracker
    I assume it is the 2 highest Seeds, which is stupid. Were Williams and Higgins on this afternoon?

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
      I assume it is the 2 highest Seeds, which is stupid. Were Williams and Higgins on this afternoon?
      They were, and yes, the TV choices are notoriously bad in snooker. :smile:

Comment

• Do whichever TV Co is paying most pick, or is it Bazza et al?

I know that Selby complained last season about not getting matches on the TV table last season, or the one before but he is only worth "primetime" when he is losing to lesser lights or playing the Top 16? (Given that the former has increased in the last season and a half, then he deserves it )

But seriously Bingham, Hawkins, King, Perry et al (ie the Essex Mafia) are hardly Snooker's version of Eye Candy?

These early rounds should have the bright young things or the likes of McManus, Stephens etc who are capable of an upset, or go for the closest in the Rankings ie Ford vs Milkins?

Comment

• 2-3 in the Chaill\Sunny match with both over 27 secs, which is high for both, so some safety and a bit of a tussle?

Milkins\Ford 3-3 and both under 22.

Dunn is an interesting\weird one though (so almost worthy of a TV table): obviously he is of a certain age and a tad dour, but he should be better than his record as he has a more than OK action and some match craft\guile but so often one daft, or blah, shot lets him down and costs him Frames. He is currently 2-3 down, but Kyren will deserve a bollocking if he loses.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
            For some reason John Higgins always plays his worst snooker against these old farts. When was the last time he beat one of them? :wink:
            I think McManus has a good record against Higgins. I remember John pointing him out as a player he always struggles against for whatever reason. He is his bogey man.
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• 2018 UK Championship

Dunn does play some adventurous attacking shot but just takes time to do so
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                I think McManus has a good record against Higgins. I remember John pointing him out as a player he always struggles against for whatever reason. He is his bogey man.
                http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp...=237&season=-1

Higgins has only beat him in first to 5, or less and has 2 WC defeats - I am surprised that is how few matches they have played though.

As above I'm sure they have practiced a lot and Higgins used to play mad\brilliant practice matches over 2 or 3 Days, but I can't remember who against.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  Dunn does play some adventurous attacking shot but just takes time to do so
                  Time or not, adventurous is an understatement and rather polite

Comment

• When Kyren just missed that yellow, it was like watching a robot malfunction....
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• BBC Red Button has Parrott and Selby (I think) commentating.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                        When Kyren just missed that yellow, it was like watching a robot malfunction....
                        I can miss like that, but the Dunn attempt at deep screwing the Green a few Frames back was crazy ie never going to work and unnecessary.

Comment

I can miss like that, but the Dunn attempt at deep screwing the Green a few Frames back was crazy ie never going to work and unnecessary.
                          He'd be better off sticking to singing grandad, oh sorry that was Clive.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Well he certainly panicked mid shot

Comment

BBC Red Button has Parrott and Selby (I think) commentating.
                              Murphy you mean

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                Murphy you mean
                                Turned the volume up and yes (I did type think).

Comment

Working...
                                X