2018 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Does the commentary sound very muffled to anyone else? I keep wanting to pop my ears.
    the BBC sounds muffled (or is that just Dennis?), the RB1 is also very low in volume which very annoying
    Eurosport seems sharper
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      the BBC sounds muffled [...]
      Okay, thanks. So long as it’s nit my tv. Hopefully they’ll adjust the mix at some point.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by kayen147 View Post
        F1 is off to a good start, 3-0 over robbo
        Well what happened there ? from 3-0 up, to losing 6-3 !!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Well what happened there ? from 3-0 up, to losing 6-3 !!!
          Maybe Neil suddenly remembered he's actually quite good at this game, despite his results over the last three seasons

Who's F1, by the way?
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• F1 - Thepchaiya Un-Nooh - the fastest snooker player - on the current listing

Comment

• well done McManus taking the decider from JHiggins.

Milkins or Ford next

Comment

• For some reason John Higgins always plays his worst snooker against these old farts. When was the last time he beat one of them? :wink:

Comment

• Hmm...

From the beginning of last season, John Higgins has won 58 of the 74 matches against players younger than himself, which is about a 78% success rate. Against players older than himself he has won 5 out of 13 in this time, or 38%. Against players younger than 40 he has won 54 of the 66 matches, which is 82%, and against player older than 40 he has won 9 out of 21, which is 43%. Weird pattern. :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                    Hmm...

From the beginning of last season, John Higgins has won 58 of the 74 matches against players younger than himself, which is about a 78% success rate. Against players older than himself he has won 5 out of 13 in this time, or 38%. Against players younger than 40 he has won 54 of the 66 matches, which is 82%, and against player older than 40 he has won 9 out of 21, which is 43%. Weird pattern. :wink:
                    Maybe the older ones aren't scared of him etc? I doubt McManus is as I assume that they have practiced loads together over the years so Al must have won a fair few times. He could play me a few times to get that over 40 percentage up a bit

He has looked a bit dodgy all season to me, and I think the WC defeats are still effecting him.

Comment

• Very surprised to hear Angles commentating while he's still in the tournament. Maybe he ticks that way but I'd have thought it would be full-on concentration and practice.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        F1 - Thepchaiya Un-Nooh - the fastest snooker player - on the current listing
                        Ah, okie dokie.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                          Very surprised to hear Angles commentating while he's still in the tournament. Maybe he ticks that way but I'd have thought it would be full-on concentration and practice.
                          On BBC? Hmmm I thought he was an ITV man, Jill won't be happy :wink:

Comment

• I notice the BBC are sticking with their telecaster software, circa 1987, to illustrate the commentators shot predictions

Eurosport have similar gimmicks, but their's are a nice subtle (and transparent) shade of dark green that appears to lie on the bed of the table, rather than the Beeb's stark and opaque glaring blobs that obscure the balls.

Comment

• Why isn't Cahill vs Akani on a TV table?

Even with Kyren possibly about to go 2 Down, Hawkins isn't much of a draw and the match is predictably duller than a very dull thing. The Cahill match is a couple of bright young things, one of whom spanked the Jester in the last round.....

Comment

• 2018 UK Championship

agreed, looks a better match that could be a cracker

Comment

Working...
                                X